"...Krakow..." Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow by ginte
Krakow Travel Guide: 4,476 reviews and 10,517 photos
Krakow is Poland’s prime tourist attraction, a must with few equals in the entire Central and Eastern Europe. The place has been settled since the Stone Age at least. In 1038 Krakow became the capital of Poland and Polish monarchs took up their residence in its Wawel Royal Castle. The Old Town historical district in Krakow’s heart is actually the medieval city established in 1257. The capital of Poland may now reside in Warsaw, but majestic Krakow will have you convinced it is still the real capital.
entered the whole of Krakow's Old Town
in the list of the world cultural heritage in the year 1978.
At the southern end of the downtown, sitting on the Wista River, is the Wawel Castle (VAH-vuhl). The castle was the royal seat of Poland, and is the city's main tourist attraction. The grounds consist of the palace, a huge Cathedral and a large garden. The Royal Cathedral dominates the complex of Wawel. It was the coronation site and burial place of almost all of monarchs of Poland. Built in the early 11th century in Romanesque style it experienced several remodellings, especially in the 14th century.
It's just a must visit while being in Krakow!
I went accross and along all Poland several times, but never explored cities of it. So, Krakow was my first Polish city I've had a chance to discover. My trip there was because of a conference and I've stayed there just for a couple of days. But anyway I've had a time for sightseeing and taking lots of photos. I've found Krakow's Old Town as medieval and very beautiful place really worth a visit.
My first visit to Krakow was on October, 2004.
My second visit to Krakow was on October, 2006.
I suggest you to read Must See Activities by Author's order, as then you can read all the story step by step.
- Pros:Wonderful Old Town
- In a nutshell:A World Heritage Site
You will find all kinds of souvenirs, gifts, clothes, etc. at one place in the Market Square inside this yellow big... more travel advice
- English language
- See All Market Square
- See All Taxi
- See All Krakow in the night
- See All It's time to leave
ginte's Related Pages
Krakow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heart of Europe and Poland"
- "Krakow - Ancient Capital of Poland"
- "Krakow: Rome in Poland."
- "Krakow ~ Everybody's Favourite!"
- "How could you not love Krakow?"
- "EUROMEET IN KRAKOW POLAND"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Krakow
- Hotels in Krakow
- Transportation in Krakow
- Nightlife in Krakow
- Restaurants in Krakow
- Shopping in Krakow
- Warnings and Dangers in Krakow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Krakow
- 65 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 30 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Krakow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Krakow
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 65 reviews, 124 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 43 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palanga Intro, 26 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kaunas Intro, 37 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tartu Intro, 25 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsingborg Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos