"...Neringa..." Top 5 Page for this destination Neringa by ginte
Neringa Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 69 photos
Neringa (Curonian Spit): A breathtaking peninsula off the southern Lithuanian coast, some 350 km from Vilnius. This sword-shaped sliver of land runs for some 100 km parallel to the coast. One of its wonders is the feeling of complete isolation; you may find yourself on your own for miles, strolling through the endless chain of sand dunes. Neringa, sometimes called the Baltic Sahara, which was much loved by Nobel Laureate Thomas Mann, who wrote about "the fantastic world of traveling dunes, pine forests filled with moose and birch between the bay and the Baltic Sea." The prettiest town is on its southern end, Nida, which has the Thomas Mann house/museum. Further north, near Juodkrante, is Witches' Hill, which boasts hundreds of playful and grotesque wooden statues.
- Pros:Sandy dunes and unique nature...
The following activities are forbidden in Kursiu Nerija National park: 1. to put up tents; 2. to make fire in... more travel advice
ginte's Related Pages
Neringa Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Neringa: the couronian spit"
- "Kuršių Nerijos, what a wonderful place!"
- "Land of sand"
- "My paradise on earth"
- "Baltic beach"
- "Neringa - land of dunes, sea and wind...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Neringa
- Hotels in Neringa
- Transportation in Neringa
- Warnings and Dangers in Neringa
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Neringa
- 3 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Neringa?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Neringa
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 65 reviews, 124 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 43 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palanga Intro, 26 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kaunas Intro, 37 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tartu Intro, 25 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsingborg Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos