"Helsinki = Helsingfors" Helsinki by ginte
Helsinki Travel Guide: 3,707 reviews and 7,682 photos
The main photo of Helsinki by night is a postcard I've bought there. I haven't so great photo of Helsinki by night. And this card perfectly express that mood when I saw Helsinki for the first time through the window of a ferry.
My acquaintance with Helsinki wasn't so long, as I've spend one night and some hours in a day time there. Mostly I explored it at night. Nice city, totally dead in the night and very alive from the early morning.
We had a walking tour through the center of Helsinki in the night by ourselves. No people, no cars... Empty and sleeping city. Althought it was quite safe to walk there all night. It was interesting to see how the city awakes and the sun is going up. Helsinki was totaly different in the morning if compare to the night. We even we able to get losted twice in the daylight...:)))
Also a postcard from Helsinki, as my photos were a little bit too dark.
It's impossible not to see the wonderful cathedral in Neoclassical style even at night:) Many stairs until the top and a nice view from there. You'll find some old and cosy streets around it.
It was my first time in visiting foreign city at night. Helsinki was full of special spirit then. And I felt very safe there. One thing I would like to change - to come there at least in the early morning. Then I could make more photos about this wonderful city. Hope to go back there in the future for to 'explore' it better:)
- Pros:Clean and intersting town...
- Cons:Often rainy...
You should explore something really amazing in the early morning. The square starts to awake around 5.30 a.m. You can... more travel advice
Helsinki is a conveniently compact city, so it is easy to get around on foot. more travel advice
ginte's Related Pages
Helsinki Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Home"
- "Helsinki - bears, skaters and religion"
- "19/1 Just returned from Helsinki"
- "Where Slavic charm & Nordic simplicity meet"
- "Helsinki at your service"
- "Helsinki, this is where I come from"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Helsinki
- Hotels in Helsinki
- Transportation in Helsinki
- Nightlife in Helsinki
- Restaurants in Helsinki
- Shopping in Helsinki
- Warnings and Dangers in Helsinki
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Helsinki
- 8 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Helsinki?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Helsinki
Photos in HelsinkiSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 65 reviews, 124 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 43 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palanga Intro, 26 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kaunas Intro, 37 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tartu Intro, 25 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsingborg Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos