"Helsinki = Helsingfors" Helsinki by ginte

Helsinki Travel Guide: 3,705 reviews and 7,550 photos

First steps there after midnight

The main photo of Helsinki by night is a postcard I've bought there. I haven't so great photo of Helsinki by night. And this card perfectly express that mood when I saw Helsinki for the first time through the window of a ferry.

My acquaintance with Helsinki wasn't so long, as I've spend one night and some hours in a day time there. Mostly I explored it at night. Nice city, totally dead in the night and very alive from the early morning.

We had a walking tour through the center of Helsinki in the night by ourselves. No people, no cars... Empty and sleeping city. Althought it was quite safe to walk there all night. It was interesting to see how the city awakes and the sun is going up. Helsinki was totaly different in the morning if compare to the night. We even we able to get losted twice in the daylight...:)))

The cathedral

Also a postcard from Helsinki, as my photos were a little bit too dark.

It's impossible not to see the wonderful cathedral in Neoclassical style even at night:) Many stairs until the top and a nice view from there. You'll find some old and cosy streets around it.

Walking in the night

It was my first time in visiting foreign city at night. Helsinki was full of special spirit then. And I felt very safe there. One thing I would like to change - to come there at least in the early morning. Then I could make more photos about this wonderful city. Hope to go back there in the future for to 'explore' it better:)

• Pros:Clean and intersting town...
  • Cons:Often rainy...
  • Last visit to Helsinki: Jul 2003
  • Intro Updated Jun 28, 2007

ginte

“Every place is beautiful in its own way...”

Badges & Stats in Helsinki

Have you been to Helsinki?

Latest Activity in Helsinki