"LIETUVA" Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania by ginte
Lithuania Travel Guide: 5,256 reviews and 12,088 photos
State - Lithuanian Republic.
State flag - 3 colours ( yellow , green , red ).
Language - Lithuanian.
Capital - Vilnius.
Money - Litas, which is equal to 100 centas.
Area: 63,300 thousand kilometres.
Inhabitants: around 3,5 mln.
Borders: with Latvia (576 km), Byelorussia (660 km), Poland (103 km), Russia (273 km), Scandinavian countries (90 km coast of the Baltic Sea). Total 1702 km.
Climate: average temperature in winter -4,9C (but in the middle of winter it can reach even around -25C) and in summer +17C.
There are 816 rivers longer than 10 km and 2834 lakes bigger than 0,5 ha.
Lithuania has joined European Union on the 1st of May, 2004.
This is the European flag. It is the symbol not only of the European Union but also of Europe's unity and identity in a wider sense. The circle of gold stars represents solidarity and harmony between the peoples of Europe.
The number of stars has nothing to do with the number of Member States. There are twelve stars because the number twelve is traditionally the symbol of perfection, completeness and unity. The flag will therefore remain unchanged regardless of future EU enlargements.
- Pros:Some unique places and wonderful architecture is worth to see...
- Cons:The weather isn't always perfect...
- In a nutshell:Not only the lakes, rivers and meadows...
Kernave Archaeological Site (Cultural Reserve of Kernave), ancient capital of Lithuania, was inscribed into Unesco World... more travel advice
Temperate climate, but with considerable temperature variations. Summer is warm with relatively mild weather in spring... more travel advice
ginte's Related Pages
Lithuania Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Republic of Lithuania"
- "Country of diversities - Lithuania"
- "The HEART of Europe "Lithuania""
- "Lithuania - Little Amber in My Hand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lithuania
- Hotels in Lithuania
- Transportation in Lithuania
- Nightlife in Lithuania
- Restaurants in Lithuania
- Shopping in Lithuania
- Warnings and Dangers in Lithuania
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lithuania
- 181 Reviews
- 244 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 12 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (36)
Have you been to Lithuania?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lithuania
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 65 reviews, 124 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 43 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palanga Intro, 26 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kaunas Intro, 37 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tartu Intro, 25 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsingborg Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos