"Riga" Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region by ginte
Riga Region Travel Guide: 2,027 reviews and 4,805 photos
Riga is the capital of the Republic of Latvia with amazing Old Town. My first stay there in February, 2004 was very short and with a tourist group, as we bought this trip from the travel agency. Actually that was my first trip with a tourist guide, so while discovering Riga I discovered something new from this too.
It was my first visit in Riga, as before that I just drove several times through it. It's funny sometimes, as we try to visit as further countries as possible, but don't go to our neighbour countries, which are the most easier to reach. So, one day my boyfriend and I thought that it would be a great idea to have an unusual St. Valentines day and we bought us a weekend trip to Riga and Jurmala in Latvia. As it was in the middle of February it was still cold and lots of snow, but that haven't bother us to see the beauty of Old Town of Riga and to have lots of fun at the biggest and most famous in the Baltic states aquapark "Livu" close to Jurmala. This aquapark should be your first destination if you're somewhere around and would like to have lots of fun for at least 4 hours...:)
My second time in Riga was much better. It was at the last day of June in 2004. Then I've had a long walking and sightseeing tour and was very satisfied about that, as I saw much more than the first time there.
- Pros:Beautiful Old Town of Riga
- In a nutshell:Lithuania's neighbour:)
While walking in the Old Town keep your eyes wide open. You can see lots of unique and interesting things above your... more travel advice
It was a nice surprise to see famous Lithuanian pizzas-net "PizzaJazz" in Riga, as well. Unfortunatelly we haven't go... more travel advice
ginte's Related Pages
Riga Region Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Riga-a well kept secret"
- "Riga is a small Paris"
- "My Home Town"
- "vairab's new Riga Page"
- "My country Latvia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Riga Region
- Hotels in Riga Region
- Transportation in Riga Region
- Nightlife in Riga Region
- Restaurants in Riga Region
- Shopping in Riga Region
- Warnings and Dangers in Riga Region
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Riga Region
- 27 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (21)
Have you been to Riga Region?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riga Region
Top 10 Pages
- London Intro, 64 reviews, 140 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krakow Intro, 65 reviews, 124 photos
- Copenhagen Intro, 43 reviews, 75 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Palanga Intro, 26 reviews, 77 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Lithuania Intro, 26 reviews, 65 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kaunas Intro, 37 reviews, 30 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tartu Intro, 25 reviews, 40 photos, 1 travelogue
- Vilnius Intro, 31 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region Intro, 27 reviews, 29 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Helsingborg Intro, 15 reviews, 32 photos