"Riga" Top 5 Page for this destination Riga Region by ginte

Riga Region Travel Guide: 2,024 reviews and 4,805 photos

Riga is the capital of the Republic of Latvia with amazing Old Town. My first stay there in February, 2004 was very short and with a tourist group, as we bought this trip from the travel agency. Actually that was my first trip with a tourist guide, so while discovering Riga I discovered something new from this too.

It was my first visit in Riga, as before that I just drove several times through it. It's funny sometimes, as we try to visit as further countries as possible, but don't go to our neighbour countries, which are the most easier to reach. So, one day my boyfriend and I thought that it would be a great idea to have an unusual St. Valentines day and we bought us a weekend trip to Riga and Jurmala in Latvia. As it was in the middle of February it was still cold and lots of snow, but that haven't bother us to see the beauty of Old Town of Riga and to have lots of fun at the biggest and most famous in the Baltic states aquapark "Livu" close to Jurmala. This aquapark should be your first destination if you're somewhere around and would like to have lots of fun for at least 4 hours...:)

My second time in Riga was much better. It was at the last day of June in 2004. Then I've had a long walking and sightseeing tour and was very satisfied about that, as I saw much more than the first time there.

• Pros:Beautiful Old Town of Riga
  • In a nutshell:Lithuania's neighbour:)
  • Last visit to Riga Region: Jun 2004
  • Intro Updated Jun 28, 2007

• gabethebabe's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2006 at 3:39 AM

I like the panoramic picture of Riga.

• SapineKuu's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 2:39 PM

Hi Ginte, Great collection of pages. I love Riga and Tallinn and your pages brought back some nice memories. Hope to get to Lithuania some time later this year and your pages will be really useful. Prieka! Dez

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2006 at 10:18 AM

So, you enjoy UNESCO World Heritage sites as well? I had to look at at least one of your visited sights and enjoyed it very much! Wonderful page!

• xaver's Profile Photo
    May 20, 2006 at 1:30 AM

totally agree with your introduction as sometime we travel so far ignoring the beautes a few steps from us.

• Oct 18, 2005 at 10:39 AM

A friend of mine has recently moved to Riga - and I'll probably be visiting quite soon.. :o)

• Cristian_Uluru's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2005 at 10:18 AM

Great page!!!! It is one of the European capital I'd like to see!!! Ciao

• Raimix's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2005 at 8:24 AM

Nice page! I would like to see Riga in the near future! And I think, one day is not enought. Raimundas.

• CliffClaven's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2005 at 7:54 AM

Next on the list!

• fui's Profile Photo
    Jan 16, 2005 at 8:42 AM

Geri tavo visu kelioniu psl. geru dienu...

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2004 at 12:14 PM

Great page about Riga Ginte! I am thinking of visiting next year, so it was great to read your page and get a bit of a taste of what Riga is like :-))

ginte

“Every place is beautiful in its own way...”

Badges & Stats in Riga Region

Have you been to Riga Region?

Latest Activity in Riga Region