"Jinghong - hot slimy hot" Jinghong by hooiluangoh
Jinghong Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 96 photos
I arrived in Jinghong in the morning, totally disoriented. It takes a sleeper bus about 11 hours to get here from Kunming. Some parts of the road are truly bumpy as construction road is going on to build better roads.
Luckily the town is not big, and taxi ride costs only a fixed price of RMB 5 within the city. Alternatively you can rent a bicycle which is the best way to go about in this relatively flat landscape.
So we found our accommodation within half an hour.
Oil palm line both sides of the street, giving it a very tropical look.
Food is good. You can Chinese, Western, Thai, Dai, and Burmese. I didn't see Indian unfortunately.
Two rivers flow through Jinghong: Liusha, and Lanchang. Lanchang is known as Mekong once it gets out of China.
Weather is tropical, hot and slimy.
People dress like they do in Thailand.
As the prefecture XiShuangBanna is governed by the Dai minorities, "Dai" writing in addition to Chinese is printed on every road sign, and on the ad boards of most shops.
What are the corns hanging there for I wonder. Houses after houses, we saw these corns hanging.
But this village is just so pretty and ethnic.
- Pros:Friendly people, Food varieties, Lazy and Easy.
- Cons:Hot Hot Hot in the day
- In a nutshell:If you love the sun, this place is perfect
A park with lots of buddhist temples. RMB30 entrance fee. more travel advice
Many farmers. Corn seems to be some kind of staple. Most village houses have corns hanging on the horizontal post just... more travel advice
hooiluangoh's Related Pages
Jinghong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Jinghong of Yunnan"
- "Jinghong - hot slimy hot"
- "Jinghong - Peacocks and Rainforests"
- "Jinghong - Xishuangbanna September 2003"
- "Beautiful Xishuangbanna!"
- "The Long Road to Laos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Jinghong
- Hotels in Jinghong
- Transportation in Jinghong
- Restaurants in Jinghong
- See All...
Explore the World
- Delray Beach
- Province of Quezon
- Sjeverni Velebit National Park Hotels
- Hamilton Island
- Puerto Vallarta
- Stockport Hotels
- Likuri Island Hotels
- Ullal Hotels
- Washdyke Hotels
- Dalmatia - Dubrovnik Region
- Druskininkai Hotels
- Provincia de Tucumán
Badges & Stats in Jinghong
- 22 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Jinghong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jinghong
Photos in JinghongSee All Photos (21)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Kunming Intro, 139 reviews, 141 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Qingdao Intro, 27 reviews, 41 photos
- Jinghong Intro, 22 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Longsheng Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Jinan Intro, 6 reviews, 8 photos
- Guilin Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Dali Intro, 12 reviews
- Lijiang Intro, 9 reviews, 1 photo
- Sanjiang Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Concelho de Macau Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos