"Welcome/ bienvenue au Canada" Suzanne123's Profile

The ABC's of Toronto

A...American $1 = 1.06 CDN $ ( We fair better than I thought) or 1GBP=$ 1.59 CDN
B...Beer, yes we have plenty to keep you warm,
Cee you when you get here
D..on't need to get lost, there is the CN tower to orientate you, besides the city is built on a grid so no need to travel in circles
E...the Eaton Centre should no longer be.. the Eaton's store is now Sears.
Freebie nights? at the Art Gallery of Ontario, Royal Ontario Museum, and the Ontario Science Centre
G...ee, I wonder how the white house became called the white house. hmmm. trivia folks.
H...udson's Bay Company! Our first store, it was a trading post for beaver pelts
I...Igloos are up further north, most of us are a few hours away from the American border
J...just so you know, French and English are the national languages.
K...Kay now what?
L...we are situated on Lake Ontario.
M...McGuinty the premier of Ontario
N...Now magazine is the local free paper
O...Ontario, this is the province the city is in Toronto is in. We don't have states
P...People from abroad we are a multi-cultural city. Jews and Muslims living in the same neighbourhood!
Q...We now allow queer marriages. Hooray!
R..aRe you ready for some winter fun? Ice skating at city hall anybody?
Sky dome/Rogers Centre, our stadium with natural air conditioning. It's by the CN tower
T..the TTC is the Toronto Transit Commision
U... now U know a few more things.
Vote, saying you like tips
W...while you are here make sure you stay warm during winter
Xtra...the best queer papers for Ottawa and Toronto
Y...Y don't we have zip codes? I don't know, we have postal codes
Zed, it's not zee! Yes, I know it does not rhyme S..U..Zed...A...N...N.........E, (My name is spelt the french way).

Also, do view my Colombia page, that was my one BIG travel adventure.

• Intro Updated Aug 4, 2011

• Faiza-Ifrah's Profile Photo
    Dec 23, 2005 at 10:35 AM

hi. thanx for visitng my pages n leaving comments. yiou have nice beginning here. i ill come back again to surf on ur pages soon.

• hayward68's Profile Photo
    Sep 15, 2005 at 7:11 AM

Hi Suzanne, looking forward to seeing you again and seeing what you've been up to. Cheers, Laura

• Karolina01's Profile Photo
    Sep 3, 2005 at 12:15 PM

I am looking forward to see you in Toronto.

• Waalewiener's Profile Photo
    Jul 18, 2005 at 6:44 PM

Hi there Suzanne I seen you signed up for the September Toronto meeting ,that's Cool Lori & I look forward to meeting you in Toronto in September We are getting more and more Torontonians (hope that is correct) Pretty COOL

• stressball's Profile Photo
    Mar 18, 2005 at 3:55 PM

Great home page!!!! You should post some pictures! I'd love to see them. Thanks for the creativity

• freya_heaven's Profile Photo
    Jan 9, 2005 at 11:15 AM

Hi Suzanne, yes we have had a very upsetting couple of weeks remembering the local people we became friendly with & hoping they survived.

• aadil's Profile Photo
    Nov 17, 2004 at 8:58 PM

That's a lovely alphabetical introduction to Toronto!!! Thanks for showing us around your city in a unique way!!!! UPDATE: I can see you still don't have any pictures!!! Do you have an aversion to photography?!!! May all your travel dreams come true!!!

• sue_stone's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2004 at 12:23 PM

Hi and thanks very much for dropping by my London page. Happy travels!! : ))

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Sep 11, 2004 at 10:52 PM

RE: "all the roads run parallel" I was surpised to see Yonge running paralle to King and Bloor. (LOL) Viva LA CN Tower for pics of the Sky Dome (when open)

• Sep 11, 2004 at 8:06 PM

I enjoyed your info about Ontario and especially its presentation! If I ever travel up your way, I would love to visit! I will be waiting for pics! Tim :)

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!