Glasgow Transportation Tips by IanMacPhail
Glasgow Transportation: 92 reviews and 69 photos
There are TWO main stations in Glasgow.
1) Glasgow Central: which has trains to the south and west, including trains to England.
2) Queen Street: which handles trains to the north and east. It`s about a five minute walk between them but if you have luggage it can be a hassle to find the other station.
So if you arrive at Glasgow Central from England and want to change to Queen Street for Edinburgh, Aberdeen or Inverness you have a choice of walking or getting the bus at the station.
Unfortunately too many people see Glasgow as a travel hub.
How about staying for a wee while and relaxing in our west coast mild air before heading for the cold North Sea coast of the East?
Do buses in Alicante say, go to Glasgow?
A tip for tourists is that if using the bus and train network in the Glasgow area you can save money if you ask for the right ticket.
For trains it will work out much cheaper to get a return ticket and on the buses ask for "an all day ticket", that could save a lot. Buses may also have return tickets.
If using First Bus you will need to put the exact fare in the box when you enter the bus but drivers give change on some buses such as Arriva which goes to Paisley and Glasgow Airport.
Don`t be in too much a hurry that you miss out on this!
Also, there are special price excursion to places like New Lanark and Rothesay. These tickets can be bought at the main rail stations of Queen Street and Central.
More Reviews (14)
- See All Visiting Glasgow
- See All Morocco AND Andalucia
- Glasgow for students
- Espresso Coffee
IanMacPhail's Related Pages
Glasgow Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Glasgow Travel Tips - Scotland's Only "Real" City"
- "Keeping up Appearances"
- "Glasgow - Culture and Modernity"
- "City location"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Glasgow
- Hotels in Glasgow
- Transportation in Glasgow
- Nightlife in Glasgow
- Restaurants in Glasgow
- Shopping in Glasgow
- Warnings and Dangers in Glasgow
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glasgow
- 16 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 181 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Glasgow?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glasgow
Photos in GlasgowSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Glasgow Intro, 16 reviews, 13 photos
- Rome Intro, 8 reviews, 11 photos
- Boston Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Garda Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos
- Málaga Intro, 7 reviews, 1 photo
- Scotland 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Bologna Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Washington State Intro, 4 photos
- Venice Intro, 3 photos
- Mantova Intro, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (11)
- George Square- 26 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Necropolis- 14 Reviews, 29 Photos
- People's Palace- 18 Reviews, 37 Photos
- Kelvingrove- 28 Reviews, 54 Photos
- Museum of Transport- 14 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Cathedral- 26 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Byres Rd - West End- 14 Reviews, 7 Photos
- The Barras- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
- River Clyde- 11 Reviews, 20 Photos
- St. Mungo's Museum- 11 Reviews, 17 Photos
See All Glasgow Things to Do