"Keeping up Appearances" Top 5 Page for this destination Glasgow by IanMacPhail

Glasgow Travel Guide: 1,276 reviews and 2,205 photos

Work in Progress

To many locals Glasgow city centre is a place of work and can be busy enough to ensure that we don`t go unless it`s necessary!
I work in the city centre, so I`m less keen to visit it at the weekend but my niece loves to do that. Glasgow to her is THE shopping experience, it must be in her genes because her family like to holiday in Dubai.
There seems to be plenty going on, people are forever digging up the roads and building sites are everywhere. An old part of the centre is now the Merchant City with fancy bars and restaurants, in fact the city of full of places to drink and eat.
Transport can be chaotic, watch for some seriously dangerous jay walking and you may notice a fair amount of litter. We have to be top of at least one league. There are good museums and they are free, so take advantage. Get the tour bus and you can`t go wrong. It`s all here if you are interested, tartan, whisky, football, art and music.
I wonder what`s on TV tonight?

• Intro Updated Apr 30, 2008

• JoxParadise's Profile Photo
    Jan 3, 2012 at 4:30 AM

You've got some great tips on your Glasgow page. Thx! :)

• ettiewyn's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2011 at 5:04 AM

Thank you, this is a lovely little page, I like your style of writing!

• sheherezad's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2011 at 6:40 AM

Hmm.. Brings back fond memories :-)

• margaretvn's Profile Photo
    Apr 26, 2009 at 2:21 AM

Happy Birthday _ have a great day. Love your writing. used to shop in Glasgow while working in Helensburgh. learnt to give it a miss when celtic/ rangers games were on!

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2008 at 6:30 AM

Great tips and photos! Never heard of the Neds before (haha). Especially like your expresso tip. Best from New Jersey, Bill

• Apr 24, 2008 at 5:31 PM

WOW! It's like I've been blind and now I can see!!! (with one eye) :-p) Will sure stop for a wee, Ian - Glasgow's getting more and more apealing every month! Marina ;-)

• Toshioohsako's Profile Photo
    Mar 7, 2008 at 8:22 AM

Hello. i have been to Glasgow twice. If I am not mistaken, I have been to the coffee shop you described. Glasgow is a nice town. have a good day.

• craic's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2007 at 11:37 AM

i sure will try and avoid the neds. and it seems you like bookshops too. I love bookshops.

• aiksas's Profile Photo
    Mar 30, 2006 at 12:50 PM

Hi Ian, finally found some time to start on my Glasgow page. Hope you'll like it, it's just a start =)

• TravellingSpirit's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2006 at 3:31 PM

Why no Glasgow page? I'm trying to find good pages from locals. You know of any? (I ask myself the same question you ask on your home page regularly by the way)

IanMacPhail Lives Here!

IanMacPhail

“Go on, go on, go on, go on, go on!”

Badges & Stats in Glasgow

Have you been to Glasgow?

Latest Activity in Glasgow