"Yosemite: One of America's Finest Parks" Yosemite National Park by Andraf
Yosemite National Park Travel Guide: 1,521 reviews and 3,525 photos
We've been to Yosemite many times. First time we went there for the Memorial Day weekend and it was horribly crowded. I could say that we almost had to wait in line to hike. Still, the waterfalls were at their peak and I enjoyed it and wished to come back at a better time. Second time we went at the beginning of April. This time it was entirely different, few people were visiting and at times we had the nature all to ourselves.
The view from Yosemite valley takes your breath away. You get struck by the magnificent and diverse landscape of this park. The best known features of Yosemite are the waterfalls, El Capitan (largest and tallest exposed granite cliff), the unusual rock formation of Half Dome, and several groves of magnificent Giant Sequoia trees.
The perfect season for seeing the waterfalls is spring. The reason is that the warmer weather begins to melt the snow, and the flow of waterfalls increases. You will also see many small, unnamed waterfalls and cascades all along the Valley rim. Most of them diminish and even dissapear in the summer. There are a dozen of places to climb and hike and so many photo opportunities.
The park is 4.5 hours drive from San Francisco and a 6 hour drive from Los Angeles.
- Pros:Spectacular scenery and lots of things to do
- Cons:It can be crowded; don't go there on national holidays
- In a nutshell:If you're visiting California this is one place not to be missed.
When you visit Yosemite remember that even if you have a few paved roads this is still a wild habitat. It is estimated... more travel advice
The area around Tuolumne Meadows is a climbers' paradise full of polished domes, needle-like summits and alpine peaks.... more travel advice
Andraf's Related Pages
Yosemite National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Incomparable Valley (and Park)"
- "Yosemite in a day"
- "On Becoming Part of the Food Chain: Yosemite"
- "Yosemite National Park"
- "Yosemite is Perhaps the Prettiest Park in the USA"
- "The Glacial Beauty of Yosemite National Park"
- "As Good As It Gets"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yosemite National Park
- Hotels in Yosemite National Park
- Transportation in Yosemite National Park
- Nightlife in Yosemite National Park
- Restaurants in Yosemite National Park
- Shopping in Yosemite National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Yosemite National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yosemite National Park
- 22 Reviews
- 25 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 26 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Yosemite National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yosemite National Park
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Re: Profiling while travelling "
- updated a Yosemite National Park Travel Page "Yosemite: One of America's Finest Parks"
- Commented on one of Andraf's Yosemite National Park travel pages
- Wrote a Review This is bear country about Animal Dangers in Yosemite National Park Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "This is bear country"
Photos in Yosemite National ParkSee All Photos (25)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 64 reviews, 157 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 45 reviews, 106 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape Town Intro, 21 reviews, 104 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 93 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salta Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haleakala National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos