"Home of the platypus" Eungella National Park by Andraf
Eungella National Park Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 36 photos
The little fellow in the picture above is the reason for my 3 hours round trip from Macay to Eungella National Park. A special animal, bizarre looking and very important in the study of evolutionary biology. The platypus is a monotreme, a mammal that lays eggs instead of giving birth to youngs. When I was planning the trip to Australia I decided that I would really like to see one and some searches on the internet revealed Eungella to be the best spot to spot a platypus. Or, as I read in the East Coast Australia LP guide "Most days of the year you can be pretty sure of seeing a platypus or two in the Broken River". Well, in my case they got that right. After waiting for about 20 minutes I got to see not one but two of them.
Andraf's Related Pages
Eungella National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "'Land of the clouds'"
- "Off The Beaten Path In Queensland"
- "Eungella National Park"
- "Home of the platypus"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eungella National Park
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Eungella National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eungella National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bucharest Intro, 63 reviews, 152 photos, 4 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 45 reviews, 102 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cape Town Intro, 21 reviews, 104 photos
- Las Vegas Intro, 22 reviews, 93 photos
- Paris Intro, 20 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Salta Intro, 9 reviews, 46 photos
- Death Valley National Park Intro, 20 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Yosemite National Park Intro, 22 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Haleakala National Park Intro, 18 reviews, 21 photos
- Rome Intro, 15 reviews, 22 photos