"Old Orchard Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Old Orchard Beach by shohman

Old Orchard Beach Travel Guide: 65 reviews and 130 photos

Summer fun in Maine

Old Orchard Beach is a coastal town just south of Portland. People from New England and Canada make up the bulk of visitors here. You can walk the 7 mile beach, play at the boardwalk arcades, eat tons of fried beach foods, or go to the small amusement park. Families seem to love this place. I know I had a great time with mine.

Rides galore

ok, it's no Disneyland, but that's a good thing. This place reminds me of the fares that would come to town up North when I was a kid. Sure, the rides are dangerous and I have a gash on my arm as I write this, but this was reliving our childhoods for me and my Brother and Sister.

Sunrise

my whole family got up at 5:30 and walked down to the beach to watch the sun rise.

• Pros:great place to relax.
  • Cons:people who drop their food..then get mad at YOU
  • In a nutshell:A great Summer getaway.
  • Last visit to Old Orchard Beach: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 9, 2006

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Sep 21, 2007 at 2:49 AM

Think I'll give the large, old, underdressed French Canadians a miss!!!

• funnybeee's Profile Photo
    Sep 7, 2006 at 11:10 AM

Portland, Oregon. I like it here, it is kinda crunchy organic granola-ish over here! Beee

• Katmosphere's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2006 at 11:37 AM

Nice tips!! I want monkey cakes!!!

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2006 at 5:40 PM

I want cake for breakfast and a pint of clams and a 2 story townhouse for $1200 for the week and want to feed seagulls by hand. Sounds like a great time, Scott! Great tips!!! Nice photos.... Thanks for sharing... B-more is NEXT!

shohman

“No suitable nodes are available to serve your request”

Badges & Stats in Old Orchard Beach

Have you been to Old Orchard Beach?

Latest Activity in Old Orchard Beach