"where I grew up" Weymouth by shohman

Weymouth Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 15 photos

they paved paradise....

I was born in Boston, but grew up mostly in Weymouth, about 12 miles South. I lived all over the Town as we moved a lot. It sure has changed though. Here is a brief history: Weymouth is one of the first settlements formed after the Pilgrims survived the harsh Plymouth Winter. Originally called Wessagusset by the Native Americans that lived here, The Pilgrims soon joined the Indians and lived peacfully together for a short while until deciding to kill off all the Indians to make room for several strip malls and Dunkin Donuts more than 200 years later.

Seriously, growing up here was great. Weymouth is seperated into 4 villages: North Weymouth, South Weymouth, East Weymouth, and Weymouth Landing. It was mostly Irish and Italian Catholic middle class for most of my childhood. There were great woods to play in (since plowed to make room for Condos) unique Mom and Pop Shops (since bought by big corporations and turned into strip malls) and friendly people (most who have morphed into obscene, miserable bastards)

Weymouth is now a congested mess that has lost much of what made it unique. There are still a few highlights and I hope I can share them here.

UPDATE 6/27/2006

I just read the big news! Guess where that most profitable Dunkin Donuts shop in the WORLD is located.
that's right, my former hometown, Weymouth, Massachusetts.

• Last visit to Weymouth: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Jun 27, 2006

shohman Used To Live Here!

shohman

“No suitable nodes are available to serve your request”

Badges & Stats in Weymouth

Have you been to Weymouth?

Latest Activity in Weymouth