"Sanibel Island" Top 5 Page for this destination Sanibel Island by shohman

Sanibel Island Travel Guide: 199 reviews and 382 photos

Sanibel Island

Sanibel is and Island off the west coast of Florida on the Gulf of Mexico. It's a relaxing island town. There's not much nightlife here but it is a good place to go to get away from it all and enjoy the tropical weather.

walk the beach.

Sanibel is famous for the quality of shells. I'm not a shell type of guy, but a walk on the beach is good for the soul.

relax, it's an island

this hammock sure looked tempting. Sadly I never got the chance to relax in it. oh well, next time...

• Pros:I relaxing place
  • Cons:everything in my room was broken >:(
  • In a nutshell:A great place to get away from it all.
  • Last visit to Sanibel Island: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated Mar 26, 2008

• easterntrekker's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2008 at 8:37 AM

Thanks for the travel pages . I love Sanibel...I think its because of the song....o la la la , one an island I will dwell!. We just bought a house in Englewood so looking forward to not needing an overcoat!!

• cachaseiro's Profile Photo
    Apr 16, 2008 at 4:39 AM

it looks like a nice island and a nice girl :O)

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2008 at 3:35 AM

Thanks for the great tips. Boy, that lighthouse really isn't so pretty. Not sure if it looks like a water tower, or a cell phone tower.

• Mar 26, 2008 at 1:46 PM

I think you should add "helmet" to your packing list tips for the coconuts! I love the pictures! Seeing you look so happy makes me smile! :)

• Kaspian's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2008 at 1:28 PM

You're right--that's not so much a lighthouse as it is a supported utility pole. "I'm not a shell type of guy"? Hahahaha! What does that even mean?

shohman

“No suitable nodes are available to serve your request”

Badges & Stats in Sanibel Island

Have you been to Sanibel Island?

Latest Activity in Sanibel Island