"Anguilla" Top 5 Page for this destination Anguilla by shohman
Anguilla Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 245 photos
Ahh, Anguilla. If you're looking to relax, REALLY relax and do nothing but play on a beautiful Caribbean beach and maybe grab a bite to eat, this is the place for you. Not much nightlife, but plenty of the beautiful people are here.
The beaches are pristine. Really, the only place I've been with better beaches is Boracay. The waves here are more powerful, so be careful.
Anguilla is a short boat ride from St Martin. In fact you can clearly see St Martin from the the island. It's so close, you'd think you could swim there. You can't.
If you are just planning a day trip from a neighboring island like St Martin, St Bats, Saba, etc. I'd suggest a tour package. We took a boat from Sint Maarten, free drinks and snacks (and beer and rum) a bus ride through the island to a secluded beach, a buffet of chicken and ribs, and snorkeling equipment for about $100 each. If we did this on our own, it would have been $50-100 more per person.
like I said, there's not much to do here and that's the point. Rent 2 chairs and an umbrella ($10 US) and just relax. The water is perfect.
every morning, locals ride horses on the beach before it gets too hot. It's a beautiful sight. Just beware of the colossal piles of poop they leave behind.
- Pros:total relaxation. perfect beaches.
- Cons:not much else to do.
ouch! seconds after this pic was taken I was flipped over and slammed into the sand by a strong wave. Not only was my... more travel advice
Isn't that why people come here? Just relax, stare at the sea, read a book, or lay there doing nothing at all. more travel advice
shohman's Related Pages
Anguilla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The most peaceful place on Earth"
- "Plenty of sittin' around in Anguilla"
- "My Anguilla travel page"
- "Bored out of my mind and loving it..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Anguilla
- Hotels in Anguilla
- Transportation in Anguilla
- Nightlife in Anguilla
- Restaurants in Anguilla
- Shopping in Anguilla
- Warnings and Dangers in Anguilla
- See All...
Explore the World
- Jessie M Honeyman Memorial State Park Hotels
- Kansas City
- Jerez de la Frontera
- Kertih Hotels
- Colorado Springs
- Weymouth Hotels
- Geelong Hotels
- Breton Woods Hotels
- Saint Petersburg Hotels
- São Paulo
- Mactan Island
- San Vicente de la Barquera
- Vero Beach
Badges & Stats in Anguilla
- 8 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Anguilla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Anguilla
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Orlando Intro, 59 reviews, 86 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Saint Augustine Intro, 45 reviews, 99 photos, 5 travelogues
- Toronto Intro, 48 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Boston Intro, 52 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Francisco Intro, 34 reviews, 64 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Boulder Intro, 38 reviews, 56 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Iloilo City Intro, 29 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- New York City Intro, 25 reviews, 54 photos, 1 travelogue
- Sint Maarten Intro, 19 reviews, 51 photos, 2 travelogues
- Boracay Island Intro, 23 reviews, 42 photos, 2 travelogues