"A Selection of Greats..." RIMABUD's Profile
Heres a picture of Arthur Rimbaud.
French Symbolism was his game, and one of my favourites when it comes to prose-poetry.He was also one of the first to embrace this particualr method of writing back in the late 1800`s, if i`m correct.
He lived a pretty crazed youth and life in general - short as it was and all.
His contemparies would be J.K Huysmans, Charles Baudelaire, Mallerame and Octave Mirbeau(plus more in the french decadent/symbolist scene of the time).
A Season In Hell was his prime piece of work - well worth checking out.
Velimir Khlebnikov - later changed his name to the more Slav Vladimir Mayakovsky...
Locally called the Russian Rimbaud in his early years - Vladimir Mayakovsky was a writer and Pioneer of the Futurist literary movement in Russia.After he left the Soviet army around the time of the revolution, he adopted a nomadic nature, and travelled all over Russia, publishing poems in obscure papers and later publishing pamphlets etc..
He also travelled Europe and visited the USA later on from ths time.His strong character and zest for progress and moving forward inspired alot of people.
His support for the communist movement came back to bite him as Avant-guarde movements were not tolerated under Communist rule, Futurism and so on was frowned upon.
Thanksfully today - he is a well respected figure, despite all his contradictury views...
Mayakovsky Metro Station in Moscow is testament to this.It is cited as one of the more impressive of Moscow`s world famous Metro Stations.
Yep - a bit of a history lesson.
I did`nt know what to write!!
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 15 Reviews
- 15 Photos
- 5 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- RIMABUD and rogeralan are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Perm' Forum "RE: RE: what are the nice places..."
- Wrote a Review Satues/lenin! in Perm' Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Right in the centre of town"
- created a Perm' Travel Page "Perm - an overlooked gem!!"
- Commented on one of Ansgar's Ulan-Ude travel pages
updated their Profile Page "A Selection of Greats..."
Top 5 Pages
- Zanzibar Island 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Perm' Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Russia Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Prague 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Sarajevo 2 reviews, 2 photos