"Home (1998-2002)" Frankfurt am Main by cosmogypsy
Frankfurt am Main Travel Guide: 1,754 reviews and 3,812 photos
When I arrived in Frankfurt, I wasn’t that impressed with the city center. Seeing all of the skyscrapers, I could have been anywhere in the US. Then I was taken to Bornheim. In Bornheim, I felt like I was in Germany. There was something different about that area of town. I was convinced I had to live there… and I did for the 4 years that I lived in Frankfurt.
A nice thing to do in Frankfurt is to take the U-bahn to Bornheim Mitte and walk back to the center of the city. It is only 3 stops from the Zeil and it is all down hill, so it is pretty easy to do.
You will pass many nice little shops, cafes and restaurants. At the bottom of the hill, before the Zeil, you can visit the Chinese Gardens that are very beautiful in the spring.
There is also a Market there on Wednesdays and Saturdays.
- Pros:festival, street parties and markets
- Cons:winter is a bit drab
- In a nutshell:Germans call it Mainhattan because of the buildings
The food is pretty varied. You can get vegetarian food, Indian food, German food and great salads. It is all very... more travel advice
cosmogypsy's Related Pages
Frankfurt am Main Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home of the world's best opera company"
- "The most Un-German City in Germany"
- "Main Metropolis"
- "A city better than its reputation"
- "Frankfurt - aka "Mainhattan""
- See All...
- Things to Do in Frankfurt am Main
- Hotels in Frankfurt am Main
- Transportation in Frankfurt am Main
- Nightlife in Frankfurt am Main
- Restaurants in Frankfurt am Main
- Shopping in Frankfurt am Main
- Warnings and Dangers in Frankfurt am Main
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Frankfurt am Main
- 3 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Frankfurt am Main?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Frankfurt am Main
Top 10 Pages
- New Orleans 10 reviews, 11 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 14 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 7 reviews, 9 photos
- Guatemala Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos
- Atlanta Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Los Angeles 6 reviews, 3 photos
- Orlando Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Frankfurt am Main Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Winter Park Intro, 2 reviews, 4 photos
- Paris Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos