"Kilkee" Kilkee by Suzi3636

Kilkee Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 24 photos

Afternoon in Kilkee

I spent a Sunday afternoon in November of 2002 in Kilkee. We drove in for a late afternoon meal and found great pub grub.

Because of the time of year, the only establishments that appeared to be open were the pubs & groceries; HOWEVER, that doesn't mean we didn't enjoy Kilkee.

With the weather being misty and cold, many of the locals were having an early dinner in the pub we chose, with family. It was cozy & the food was WONDERFUL...just what we were looking for.

After our meal, we drove along the south side of the bay towards the cliff walk. The views there are nothing short of spectacular.

Although the town appeared to be hibernating during my visit, from reading I learned that Kilkee Bay was listed as one of the top diving locations in Europe by Jacques Cousteau! It is a resort town in the warmer months -- the bay is protected from the Atlantic Ocean by the Duggerna Rock reef.

I would love to see this town on a sunny day in the Spring. It must be something...with the sun glinting & shimmering on the water.

• Pros:The Cliff Walk...awe-inspiring
  • Cons:Not much action in November
  • In a nutshell:A good day trip from Shannonside or Ennis
  • Last visit to Kilkee: Nov 2002
  • Intro Written Oct 6, 2003

Comments

Suzi3636

“You only live once -- so live!”

Ranked Member