"Chitral Festival" Top 5 Page for this destination Chitral by SirajUlmulk
Chitral Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 174 photos
Traditional sports such as swimming accross the torrential waters of the Chitral river( one swimmer drowned in 2003), Archery, Sports on horseback, football, polo,tug of war, mountain marathon,childrens races, donkey polo etc are all part of an excitement of fun with local people each year from 15 to 22 Sept
Mastuj valley in upper Chitral is perhaps the most picturesque of the many unspoilt valleys that Chitral has to offer. The valey stretches North to within 20 miles of Central Asia and easterly to Gilgit and Hunza. Mastuj is at the foot of the Shandur Pass where, at 12500 ft, a terrific polo match takes place between Chitral and Gilgit on 8 July. The best accomodation is at the 200 year old Mastuj Fort where wooden Chalets have modern amenities in a historic and breathtaking setting
- Pros:Peaceful, friendly and hospitable people. Unspoilt and environmentally friendly place.
- Cons:Difficult access. Daily flights from Peshawar subject to weather. May ,June, Sept, Oct and Nov are the best months.
- In a nutshell:Pakistans best kept secret.
The people of Chitral have a passion for their traditional dances and music like they have a passion for their... more travel advice
Tucked into three picturesque valleys , two hours drive from Chitral town, live the Kalash tribe. They worship nature... more travel advice
- Hand made and home spun woolen clothing
- See All Trekking Boots even if you do not intend...
- Offer the glass of water to others.
- If possible use only vehicle with a...
Chitral Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Chitral, a Pearl in Hindukush"
- "Chitral Festival"
- "The Chitral Valleys"
- "Visiting the Kalash Valleys"
- "A Wonderful Valley in the Hindukush"
- "Visiting the Kalash"
- "Chitral, Gateway to Kalash Valleys"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chitral
- Hotels in Chitral
- Transportation in Chitral
- Nightlife in Chitral
- Restaurants in Chitral
- Shopping in Chitral
- Warnings and Dangers in Chitral
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chitral
- 13 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Chitral?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chitral
No friends yet.