"My home - Singapore" trees100ft's Profile
Without doubt, this has to be the most beautiful tropical tree around. It isn't really a palm. Look closely, and you will be able to tell from its large thick leaves that it is from the banana tree family.
Some trivial notes about the Traveller's Palm:
- it is a native of Madagascar
- brought into Singapore at the turn of the century (1900's)
- the base of the tree contains a lot of water which, as the story goes, provided sustenance to travellers in olden days.
- left naturally, it will grow in a East-West alignment.
This one is grown by my neighbour.
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 29 Reviews
- 39 Photos
- 6 Countries
- 6 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
- Posted in Travel Burma Forum "Feery between Mandalay and Bagan"
updated their Profile Page "My home - Singapore"
- Wrote a Review Great hotel location in Taipei in Taipei Hotels
- updated a Muriwai Beach Travel Page "Gannet Colony at Muriwai Beach"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Gannet Colony at Muriwai Beach"
- Commented on victorwkf's profile page
Top 10 Pages
- Singapore Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 4 reviews, 3 photos
- New Zealand Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Pulau Bintan Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Muriwai Beach Intro, 3 photos
- Taipei 1 review, 1 photo
- Te Anau 1 review, 1 photo
- Kampung Sedenak Intro, 2 photos
- Beijing Shi Intro, 1 photo
No friends yet.