"A vibrant Canadian city" Toronto by jgacis
Toronto Travel Guide: 4,316 reviews and 8,939 photos
Toronto is a diverse city of many cultures and always growing. What was once the colonial capital of this country, the city offers a cosmopolitan experience for the traveller with various sights, cuisine, and history. The CN Tower gives you a magnificent worldwide view of downtown while Chinatown and Koreatown brings you a taste of Asia in a city landscape. The Casa Lomita reminds the visitor of Toronto's past as well as its strategic location and importance in this nation's history.
Founded in 1793 by governor Col. John Graves Simcoe, this city was once known as York. A Loyalist who opposed American revolutionaries against the British, Col. Simcoe helped developed the early settlement of this town. In what is known today as the main city boardwalk intersection of Yonge and Dundas Streets, Col. Simcoe named these roads after British Ministers.
jgacis' Related Pages
Toronto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Toronto - "Yours to Discover""
- "Close To Home"
- "Andre Rieu's Magic Hits Toronto"
- "TORONTO Canada"
- "Paul2001's Big T.O. Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Toronto
- Hotels in Toronto
- Transportation in Toronto
- Nightlife in Toronto
- Restaurants in Toronto
- Shopping in Toronto
- Warnings and Dangers in Toronto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Toronto
- 1 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Toronto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Toronto
Photos in TorontoSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Doha Intro, 3 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Muscat Intro, 4 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Trenton Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belleville Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pagsanjan Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pelotas Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue