"My Travels In Oman" Muscat by jgacis
Muscat Travel Guide: 434 reviews and 1,198 photos
While on military deployment, I had the chance on my days off to visit the capital of this country, Muscat, and nearby towns. Located just southeast of Saudi Arabia and east of Yemen, this place was actually more diverse and unique than I thought. Having been here during December to January, the weather wasn't too bad at all. The temperatures still averaged in the upper 80's and 90's (F) during the day though, and it rained briefly (only a few hours) a couple of times. Winds blew heavily several times also, but luckily where I was at, no major sandstorms.
The children pictured above were nice enough to let me take their picture. Being grateful, I handed them a couple of rials. They gladly accepted it and the girls took off next door to a small store and bought more chips and ice cream.
Fort Jalili, overwatching Muscat harbor, was built in the 16th century by the Portugese.
- Pros:Beautiful landscaped country
- In a nutshell:Would visit again to see other parts of the country
This hotel was built and designed for the distinguished visitor in mind. Many business people and government officials... more travel advice
As you travel through Muscat, make sure to bring your camera and stroll along the harbor boardwalk. The views are... more travel advice
jgacis' Related Pages
Muscat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Muscat - An Amazing Arabic Port City"
- "Muscat - مسقط"
- "Muscat, A Beautiful Lush Green"
- "the road to muscat"
- "MUSCAT - OMAN - THE LAND OF FRANKENCENSE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Muscat
- Hotels in Muscat
- Transportation in Muscat
- Nightlife in Muscat
- Restaurants in Muscat
- Shopping in Muscat
- Warnings and Dangers in Muscat
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Muscat
- 4 Reviews
- 32 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Muscat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Muscat
Photos in MuscatSee All Photos (32)
Top 10 Pages
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 6 reviews, 46 photos, 5 travelogues
- Doha Intro, 3 reviews, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Muscat Intro, 4 reviews, 32 photos, 4 travelogues
- Beijing Intro, 1 review, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- Trenton Intro, 2 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Belleville Intro, 1 review, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pagsanjan Intro, 1 review, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Pelotas Intro, 11 photos, 1 travelogue
- Los Angeles Intro, 10 photos, 1 travelogue