"Austin-Off the Beaten Path" Top 5 Page for this destination Austin by butterfly_girl
Austin Travel Guide: 1,134 reviews and 1,628 photos
"And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years." Abraham Lincoln
Austin has it all...live music, cool people, great restaurants, beautiful nature and plenty of sunshine... it's the kind of place that you visit and never leave.
There are many hidden treasures here. There is so much more to Austin then Sixth Street and Barton Springs. If you go a little off the beaten path, you can find the unique, beautiful, and funky side of Austin. Look at my tips for my list of must see, taste and experience when in Austin. Enjoy!
- Pros:The beautiful river for kayaking, the hike and bike trail,the cool culture
- Cons:The Texas Summer Heat, allergies
- In a nutshell:"Keep Austin Weird"
Austin is a mixture of so many things. It is a liberal, laid back, musician friendly, hi-tech and hip place to live.... more travel advice
Lovely area to stroll around and enjoy the scenery. The Gardens include a rose garden, cactus garden, butterfly trail... more travel advice
- See All In the heart of the city
- See All Wonderful Little Tea House
- See All Austin Visitor Center-a must visit
- See All Acoustic Music Scene
butterfly_girl's Related Pages
Austin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Austin through the eyes of a local"
- "Austin-Off the Beaten Path"
- "Austin: Capital City of Texas"
- "The capital of the Lone Star State"
- "Keep Austin Weird!"
- "South by Southwest-Austin, Texas"
- "Awesome Austin"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Austin
- Hotels in Austin
- Transportation in Austin
- Nightlife in Austin
- Restaurants in Austin
- Shopping in Austin
- Warnings and Dangers in Austin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Austin
- 67 Reviews
- 85 Photos
- 63 Forum posts
- 53 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Austin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Austin
- Posted in Travel Austin Forum "Re: 3 day weekend in Austin..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Austin Traveler Magazine Story Swap on Nepal and India"
- updated a Austin Travel Page "Austin-Off the Beaten Path"
- Wrote a Review Visit the State Capitol in Austin Things to Do
- Commented on one of TXWildflower's Austin travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Austin Intro, 67 reviews, 83 photos, 7 travelogues
- Nepal Intro, 16 reviews, 33 photos, 3 travelogues
- Peru Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 4 travelogues
- Alaska Intro, 4 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- San Diego Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos
- La Jolla Intro, 6 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Florida Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Playa del Carmen Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- Kenya Intro, 4 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Wisconsin Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos