"Gorgeous Bend, Oregon!" Top 5 Page for this destination Bend by butterfly_girl

Bend Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 140 photos

If I had one word to describe Bend, Oregon, it would be GORGEOUS! This lovely little city is filled with so much beauty, it is no wonder the secret is out on this place and people are moving here in masses. I spent a summer in this mountain gem of a town, with breathtaking scenery. If you are into hiking, camping, canoeing and general outdoor activities, this place is not to be missed. I just hope it hasn't grown too much since I was last there.

Breath

You breathe,

Frosting mountains white,

Exciting trees to verdant flame,

Dancing sparrows on your wing,

Swirling waves into long sighs,

You breathe,

And all things live.

~~Deng Ming-Dao~~

365 Daily Tao

• Pros:Rivers, Trees, Mountains, Hiking, Waterfalls
  • Cons:Fast growth in population
  • In a nutshell:Outdoor Lovers Paradise
  • Last visit to Bend: Jun 1997
  • Intro Updated Dec 16, 2005

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2008 at 7:56 AM

Greetings from rainy Madrid!

• wilddog's Profile Photo
    Oct 23, 2005 at 4:07 PM

I found Bend when it was pure. Apon return the wispering brook through town was covered for ever for a freeway bypass.. I was sad

• Docu2001's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2005 at 12:04 PM

Smith Rock - I remember it well -there is still a part of me on that mountainside - probably a pound or so of sweat ! Bend is amazing - I bought a pair of scissors there once when visiting the most unusual girl I had ever known. Peace, Doc

• frank_delargy's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2004 at 7:14 AM

Another place just added to my .. must see list. Next trip to the Northwest will need to included Bend and the lava tubes. Thanks!

• Oct 13, 2004 at 2:21 AM

this is such a gorgeous part of the NW. thanks for sharing your photos.

• BarbaraForza's Profile Photo
    Sep 8, 2004 at 10:03 AM

A breathless scenic beauty...another place to visit!

• LeoM's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2004 at 6:55 PM

WOW! great pic of Smith Rock Park as well.. it is so awesome there...I would love to back to Terrabonne and finish exploring the Crooked River and it's surrounding areas.

• littlesam1's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2004 at 8:11 PM

Your correct. This is really beautiful. I have always loved the mountains but have not seen any of the West Coast mountains yet.

• Stephen-KarenConn's Profile Photo
    May 6, 2004 at 10:20 AM

Excellent tips, Kym. We've got a trip planned for Oregon this summer. We enjoyed 10 days in your state of Texas last month. Have gotta come back and see more.

• mtncorg's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2004 at 4:00 PM

Bend is a gem of a town to call your homebase. And as you point out ... it is also probably too popular for its own good ;-[

butterfly_girl

“I am not the same having seen the moon shine on the other side of the world. ~Mary Hershey~”

Badges & Stats in Bend