"Petrozavodsk - repeated visits ;-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Petrozavodsk by chuddy1999

Petrozavodsk Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 350 photos

Petrozavodsk

I have visited 7 times now, the longest time i spent was three months living there. During that time I travelled to Moscow, Kargapol and Pieter (St Petersburg).. The city itself is a capital city of the region and as such does not really cater for the tourist. But there is so much here if you are prepared to just wander. believe me I spent a lot of time walking around the city. The local life goes on around you and I would definately recommend you learn a few words of the language. It makes it so much easier to buy things. Also if you are at a loss for words, a smile can work wonders. I have found all those I met to be most friendly and helpful during my time there. Having visited during all the seasons I have experienced Winter, Summer , Spring and Autumn. By far the most exhilerating was Winter. (word to the wise, wrap up warm its deadly otherwise)

Art & Culture is alive and Well

Believe it or not this theatre was built in the 1950's and is one of three in the area. Inside it is spacious. There is always something happening and tickets range in price.

The Embankment

The Embankment down by the lake has a number of sculptures all donated by the various sister cities of Petrozavodsk. Also throughout the year there are various events down there as well. I particularly enjoyed the ice sculptures. Nearby are a number of restrauants and an amusement park

• Last visit to Petrozavodsk: Nov 2003
  • Intro Updated May 2, 2004

chuddy1999

“work to live, after that its just a matter of choice :-)”

Badges & Stats in Petrozavodsk

Have you been to Petrozavodsk?

Friends