"Petrozavodsk - repeated visits ;-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Petrozavodsk by chuddy1999
Petrozavodsk Travel Guide: 159 reviews and 350 photos
I have visited 7 times now, the longest time i spent was three months living there. During that time I travelled to Moscow, Kargapol and Pieter (St Petersburg).. The city itself is a capital city of the region and as such does not really cater for the tourist. But there is so much here if you are prepared to just wander. believe me I spent a lot of time walking around the city. The local life goes on around you and I would definately recommend you learn a few words of the language. It makes it so much easier to buy things. Also if you are at a loss for words, a smile can work wonders. I have found all those I met to be most friendly and helpful during my time there. Having visited during all the seasons I have experienced Winter, Summer , Spring and Autumn. By far the most exhilerating was Winter. (word to the wise, wrap up warm its deadly otherwise)
Believe it or not this theatre was built in the 1950's and is one of three in the area. Inside it is spacious. There is always something happening and tickets range in price.
The Embankment down by the lake has a number of sculptures all donated by the various sister cities of Petrozavodsk. Also throughout the year there are various events down there as well. I particularly enjoyed the ice sculptures. Nearby are a number of restrauants and an amusement park
This is a great little cafe directly opposite the Seyenaya Hotel off Lenin Street. The main attraction is the fact that... more travel advice
Not a lot to look at from the outside. but oh so different inside. A series of connected rooms that have the appearence... more travel advice
chuddy1999's Related Pages
Petrozavodsk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Petrozavodsk- the capital of Karelia"
- "Petrozavodsk - repeated visits ;-)"
- "Petrozavodsk is ..."
- "Ilona's city so faraway"
- "The capital of -- and gateway to -- Karelia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Petrozavodsk
- Hotels in Petrozavodsk
- Transportation in Petrozavodsk
- Nightlife in Petrozavodsk
- Restaurants in Petrozavodsk
- Shopping in Petrozavodsk
- Warnings and Dangers in Petrozavodsk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Petrozavodsk
- 15 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 18 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Petrozavodsk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Petrozavodsk
Photos in PetrozavodskSee All Photos (21)
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Petrozavodsk Intro, 15 reviews, 21 photos, 3 travelogues
- Redditch Intro, 19 photos, 3 travelogues
- Saint Petersburg Intro, 10 reviews, 6 photos, 1 travelogue
- Birmingham Intro, 1 review, 9 photos, 1 travelogue
- Helsinki Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos