"My wider local area" North York Moors National Park by jduck1979
North York Moors National Park Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 26 photos
According to Wikipedia, the North Yorkshire Moors National Park was created in 1952, and covers a 1,436 km² (554 square mile) area of North Yorkshire (England's largest county).
It contains several towns & villages covered elsewhere on VirtualTourist.com, such as:
* Robin Hood's Bay
There are many attractions (covered elsewhere on the site in most cases), and alot of history (check out the wikipedia entry).
In summer, the views are so spectacular, they'll make your jaw hit the ground in amazement.
- Pros:Awesome scenery
- Cons:Public transport sucks outside July & August, too many hills
A location that's always fascinated me since I was a kid, wanting to visit to see what all the fuss was about it... more travel advice
During much of the year, vast portions of this area are pretty much a vast public transport no man's land (and I know... more travel advice
jduck1979's Related Pages
North York Moors National Park Travel Guide
- Things to Do in North York Moors National Park
- Hotels in North York Moors National Park
- Transportation in North York Moors National Park
- Restaurants in North York Moors National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in North York Moors National Park
- See All...
Badges & Stats in North York Moors National Park
- 4 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to North York Moors National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in North York Moors National Park
Top 10 Pages
- Whitby Intro, 48 reviews, 137 photos
- York 10 reviews, 31 photos
- England Intro, 12 reviews, 12 photos
- Ruswarp Intro, 6 reviews, 15 photos
- Scarborough 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Goathland Intro, 3 reviews, 11 photos
- Thornton-le-Dale 3 reviews, 8 photos
- Sleights 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Stainsacre 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Pickering Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
No friends yet.