"Esslingen" Esslingen by Karin1S
Esslingen Travel Guide: 62 reviews and 263 photos
Esslingen - my old hometown - is one of the oldest cities in Germany .
The first document found referring to Esslingen has been written in 777 a.C.
In the Middle Ages Esslingen became a "Freie Reichsstadt" (Free Imperial City) which meant that it was governed directly by the emperor of the "Holy Roman Empire of German Nation".
Today Esslingen counts more than 90,000 inhabitants and is a center of industry, trade and administration. It is the capital of Esslingen county (300,000 inhabitants) and the home of world wide operating companies .
- Pros:A quite nice town
- Cons:it's small
- In a nutshell:lovely and worth to visit it
Karin1S's Related Pages
Esslingen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Medieval mixed with Modern"
- "Esslingen a hidden and unknown but beautiful town"
- "weekend in Esslingen"
- "Sunny Esslingen"
- "Esslingen am Neckar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Esslingen
- Hotels in Esslingen
- Transportation in Esslingen
- Restaurants in Esslingen
- Warnings and Dangers in Esslingen
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Esslingen
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Esslingen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Esslingen
Top 10 Pages
- Berlin Intro, 82 reviews, 71 photos, 1 travelogue
- Hong Kong Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Athens Intro, 6 reviews, 9 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Toronto Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Bangkok Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Ko Samui Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Canada Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Thailand Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (37)
Latest Esslingen hotel reviews
- Hotel Am Schelztor
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 15, 2013