"Yichang - last stop of the cruise" Yichang by Mel&Mike
Yichang Travel Guide: 56 reviews and 167 photos
It was a bit foggy when we got there :) but you can get the general idea. It's 2 Km long and apparently they are pouring concrete 24/7.
There was 10 locks you had to go through to get to Yichang.
The scenery in between the gorgeous was just as fascinating as the gorges themselves; in fact maybe more so. We were amazed at were people farmed and how people lived precariously perched on these hillsides.
Most of the time when our boat stopped we were not allowed to disembark. But people could get food!
There were many people who set up Chinese Fast Food carts on the pier. They extend the nets and you could drop your money in and SCREAM out what you wanted. They quickly assemble it and put it into the net to pass it over.
There were a few close calls when they didn't quite move fast enough and I'm sure people have missed out at some time.
Mel&Mike's Related Pages
Yichang Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Entrance to the Yangtze River gorge area"
- "Beautiful Gateway to Changjiang (Yangtze River)"
- "Yichang - Gateway to the Three Gorges Dam."
- "Three Gorges Dam Construction Project Pics"
- "Yichang and the 3 Gorges"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Yichang
- Hotels in Yichang
- Transportation in Yichang
- Restaurants in Yichang
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Yichang
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Yichang?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Yichang
Top 10 Pages
- Nepal Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Phum O Mekong Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Beijing Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sanya Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Queenstown Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Yichang hotel reviews
- Yichang International Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 21, 2011