"Frightening Fengdu - Abode of Ghosts" Fengdu by Mel&Mike
Fengdu Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 21 photos
Fengdu is a Ghost Town in two ways. The city itself has been deserted and the major site here are temples that were built during the Tang Dynasty which have names like 'Between the Living and the Dead' and 'Palace of the King of Hell'.
Inside a beautiful temple are some very colourful and some what tacky looking 'demons'. The whole place has many demons and depictions of torture but they are done in such a kitschy way that they are funny.
This place ended up being a Chinese version of a haunted house; complete with ghoulish statues that move with creaking gears and black lights.
There was a room that had a great Chinenglish saying something about "if stressed may sit here and exit out door".!
Mel&Mike's Related Pages
Fengdu Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Fengdu
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Fengdu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fengdu
Top 10 Pages
- Nepal Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Phum O Mekong Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Beijing Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sanya Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Queenstown Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.