"Life - far from Idle on the Mekong" Phum O Mekong by Mel&Mike
Phum O Mekong Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 72 photos
One of my most treasured experiences of this holiday was spending time riding in a boat with these two little girls. They were very friendly and knew a small amount of English. I taught them how to play patty cake which was very sweet because the eldest girl picked it up. We sang the alphabet and I did 5 Little Monkeys as well as a few other songs.
Just when you think you have caught a candid shot of someone - you notice them waving at you!
Traveling from Saigon to Phnom Penh via the Mekong Delta is a great way to see more of both Vietnam and Cambodia. The trip can take 2- 3 days - one to get from Saigon down to the last big city on the river, stopping in a few places like candy factors etc. Then you have a day where you looked around the village before they take you up to the board crossing. Highly recommend the experience
- Pros:Beautiful smiling people
- Cons:Some tourist traps
- In a nutshell:Another corner of the world that is worth visiting
Yes the whole package from Saigon to Phnom Penh is a bit of tourist trap with its stops in a coconut candy factory, a... more travel advice
Mel&Mike's Related Pages
Phum O Mekong Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "So much to enjoy."
- "Life - far from Idle on the Mekong"
- "Mekong River"
- "mekong delta/ floating market"
- "From South to North of Viet Nam"
- "Trip along the Mekong"
- "The Mekong Delta"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Phum O Mekong
- 2 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Phum O Mekong?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Phum O Mekong
Top 10 Pages
- Nepal Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Phum O Mekong Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Beijing Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sanya Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Queenstown Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.