"Spicy Saigon" Ho Chi Minh City by Mel&Mike
Ho Chi Minh City Travel Guide: 3,083 reviews and 6,932 photos
After being in Vietnam for a couple of weeks we still found playing in traffic fun - you never know what's coming next. Although we don't recommend doing what Mike is doing - he even has his eyes closed! I'm sure the locals aren't amused by the traffic or the foreigners playing in it.
What trip through Saigon wouldn't be complete without visiting the tunnels. You nearly want to put it under the tourist trap section since it is quite the show. Yet it is interesting and the information they give you is interesting especially since its from the Vietnamese point of view. Its worth the drive (and the unavoidable stops at the usual handicraft shops....)
You can do a number of great walking tours on your own as long as you have a good guide book. The Lonely Planet helped us along our way and we spent a couple of days walking the streets checking out the sites. Luckily, they have beautiful parks along the way if you need to sit in the shade.
- Pros:Vibrant City with a Good Vibe
- Cons:Lots of beggars near the budget hotels - why don't they hang near the 5 stars?
- In a nutshell:Nice balance of the old and new mixed with spice!
Walking tours are really good way to see the city up close and personal more travel advice
We saw some of these a couple of times but we have no idea what they are or what they are used for. Unfortunately,... more travel advice
Mel&Mike's Related Pages
Ho Chi Minh City Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Saigon Saigon !"
- "IMPREXXION: HO CHI MINH CITY"
- "Former Saigon"
- "Ho Chi Minh City 29/3/08 - 3/4/08"
- "Lost in Saigon!?"
- "Ho Chin Minh City, the new Saigon"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ho Chi Minh City
- Hotels in Ho Chi Minh City
- Transportation in Ho Chi Minh City
- Nightlife in Ho Chi Minh City
- Restaurants in Ho Chi Minh City
- Shopping in Ho Chi Minh City
- Warnings and Dangers in Ho Chi Minh City
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Ho Chi Minh City
- 4 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Ho Chi Minh City?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ho Chi Minh City
Photos in Ho Chi Minh CitySee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Nepal Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Phum O Mekong Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Beijing Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sanya Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Queenstown Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.
Latest Ho Chi Minh City hotel reviews
- Tan Hoa Ngoc Hotel
- 6 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 23, 2012
- Thien Hoa Hotel
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2012
- Thang Long Hotel
- 27 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 8, 2013
- Metropole Hotel
- 156 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2012
- The Landmark
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Apr 26, 2012
- Hoang Hai Long Hotel
- 124 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 6, 2013
- The Caesar Ho Chi Minh City Hotel
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 10, 2012
- Que Huong - Liberty 1
- 16 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 9, 2011
- Spring Hotel
- 251 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Hoang Gia Huy Hotel
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 11, 2013
- Cathay Hotel
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 27, 2009
- Saigon Mini Hotel
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Lan Lan Hotel 2
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Ho Sen Hotel
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 16, 2013
- International Hotel
- 2 Reviews & Opinions