"The Start and the End of the Road" Lukla by Mel&Mike
Lukla Travel Guide: 2 reviews and 15 photos
This was my favourite kind of view and place with a crystal clear rushing river in a lush green valley with the ground at a steady grade and not panting for air! This is about a hour or so outside of Lukla.
Mike looks like he nearly blends in with the Marnie stones (sorry I'm not sure of the spelling). Many of the newer walls and chorltons (pyramid rock object behind Mike) at the start of the walk were painted. Personally, I preferred when they left the carvins au naturel.
This has to be the scariest place in the world to land and take off. As you can see the plane lands on a runway that is going up hill and its going into a mountain. Going out is just as bad because you fly straight at another mountain!
We lucked out with a clear day on the day in, the day out was another story and we nearly didn't make it. Lukla isn't a bad place really but I didn't want to spend New Years Eve there!
- Pros:An picturesque place to begin a trek
- Cons:Cloud and mist can leave you stranded for days
- In a nutshell:Definitely an interesting to pass through but not for long!
Mel&Mike's Related Pages
Lukla Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Start and the End of the Road"
- "Lukla, Nepal"
- "Pictures of Lukla"
- "Lukla to Namche Bazar"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lukla
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Lukla?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lukla
Photos in LuklaSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Nepal Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Malaysia Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Khett Siem Reab Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos
- Phnom Penh Intro, 5 reviews, 11 photos
- Ho Chi Minh City Intro, 4 reviews, 11 photos
- Phum O Mekong Intro, 2 reviews, 9 photos
- Beijing Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sanya Intro, 3 reviews, 6 photos
- Queenstown Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
No friends yet.