"What Happens in San Andres, Stays in San Andres!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de San Andrés by RWFAN

Isla de San Andrés Travel Guide: 79 reviews and 295 photos

Where the heck is San Andres??

I went to San Andres with my graduating class from college. When we first booked our trip I went online to try nad find some information about the island, and things to do while I was there. I was a little worried when I couldnt find ANYTHING about it! San Andres Island belongs to Colombia, but it's just a tiny little island east of Nicaragua. In recent years it has started to become a hot spot destination for Canadians. The only company that I know of that books to this destination is NoliTours/Air Transat.

I'd have to say that between the locals and our activity staff, the Colombian's really made our trip! They were SO friendly and willing to help us out. Everywhere we went there were Canadian flags, especially in the cabs, they all had stickers of Mounties and beavers and stuff in their windows. And although the men like the pale Canadian girls, they weren't offensive in any way as I have experienced in other Carribbean (and some Canadian!) places.

This page is a work in progress... I spend time with it when I can, but if you have any questions please send them my way and I will get back to you as quick as possible!! Happy travels!

• Last visit to Isla de San Andrés: Jan 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 25, 2006

• oyesabesque's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2007 at 12:37 PM

Hi! In San Luis entrance there were many locals. One of them called himself "Internet". Once, he came and asked us money, and showed us he had a gun!! That was the only part I was actually scared, so avoid this guy... See you!!

• YVRDave's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2006 at 11:38 AM

I tried to get to San Andres in 1980 but the plane that left once a week from Miami was confiscated by the DEA that week. I still want to get there but it seems there is more concrete than the runway now. Great shots

RWFAN

“Why Wait??”

Badges & Stats in Isla de San Andrés

Have you been to Isla de San Andrés?

Latest Activity in Isla de San Andrés