"The Life of me.... ongoing.." RWFAN's Profile
I realised while updated my travel pages that I hadn't updated this page at all since joining except to post a note in November 2006 promising to return with a something!
As most people here can probably relate, travel is my one true passion. It is while traveling that I really feel at peace and like I might actually find my place in this world some day. At the same time, it has taught me that home is my favorite place to be between adventures.
I went to school for Travel and Tourism for 2 years at Loyalist College in Belleville, ON. Aside from giving me a lot of valuable skills for the workforce, this course also solidified for me how I felt about traveling.
I now work for a company called BaseCamp International Centers, which facilitates the Volunteer Abroad program for Travel CUTS and the Adventure Travel Company. We have centers in Nepal, Ghana, Tanzania, Peru, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, and Ecuador. Words cannot express how much I love my job, and the travel perks aren't bad either!
My travels to date have not been all that extensive. I have been to England, Ireland, Holland, San Andres island (Colombia), Dominican Republic, and New York City. In Canada I have been to Nova Scotia, other than Ontario which is where I call home.
Travels on the horizon include a trip to Peru with work, and out west to visit some friends in Calgary. New York City is somewhere that I always plan to go.
Top 5 places that I would like to go, time and finances permitting:
- Czech Republic
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 40 Reviews
- 88 Photos
- 4 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Posted in Miscellaneous Forum "Camera recommendations"
- Wrote a Review No introduction needed about Cafe du Monde in New Orleans Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "No introduction needed"
- updated a New Orleans Travel Page "N.O.L.A."
- RWFAN and Jarin are now friends.
- Commented on one of ATXtraveler's New York City travel pages
updated their Profile Page "The Life of me.... ongoing.."
Top 5 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Province of Nova Scotia Intro, 16 reviews, 16 photos, 2 travelogues
- New Orleans Intro, 6 reviews, 25 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Isla de San Andrés Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos
- New York City Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Galway Intro, 1 review, 6 photos