"Ahh...travel..." Canadian_Traveler's Profile
1972-1974: Born in Melbourne, Australia
where my family lived until I was not quite 2
1974 & on: Windsor, ON, Canada
where I still live today
Summer 1977: Ulcinj, Montenegro (formerly Yugoslavia) .
I was 4 yrs old so I only have a few memories but I think they set the stage for a return
March 1988: Isla Margarita, Venezuela
Dec. 1990 / Jan. 1991: Clearwater, FL, USA
Jan. 1996: Montreal, QC, Canada
May 1996: Montreal, QC, Canada
July 1997: Vancouver, BC Whistler, BC, Canada
Apr. 1998: Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
Jan. 1999: Halifax, NS, Canada
Feb. 1999: Southeast Australia (including Melbourne, Sydney, Great Ocean Rd¨)
Apr. 1999: Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic
July 1999: Boston, MA, USA
Apr. 2000: Cayo Coco, Cuba
Apr. 2001: Orlando, FL, USA
Nov. / Dec. 2001: Germany, Austria (Innsbruck), Netherlands (Amsterdam), Belgium (Brussels), Italy (Venice, Florence, Siena)
Feb. 2002: Mexico (Mayan Riviera)
July 2002: Algonquin Provincial Park, ON, Canada
Sept. 2002: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Jan. 2003: Montreal, QC, Canada
July 2003: Algonquin Provincial Park, ON, Canada
Sept. 2003: Montreal, QC, Canada
Nov. 2003: France (Paris) & Belgium (Brugge)
Jan. 2004: Montreal, QC, Canada
Mar. 2004: China (Shenzhen) & Hong Kong
Jun. 2004: Las Vegas, NV, USA
Jun. / Jul. 2004: Moorea, French Polynesia
Jul. 2004: South Island, New Zealand
Dec. 2004 / Jan. 2005: Costa Rica ( Arenal / La Fortuna, Tamarindo, Guanacaste Province )
Mar. 2005: Notthingham, England, UK & France (Paris, Rennes)
June / July 2005: Tirane, Albania
Jun. 2005: Sveti Stefan , Budva , & Kotor , Montenegro
Jun. 2005: Dubrovnik, Croatia
Jun. / Jul. 2005: Ulcinj, Montenegro
Jul. 2005: Budapest, Hungary
Nov. 2005: Playa Jibacoa & Havana, Cuba
anywhere. Pretty much. They are very few places I wouldn't visit and every time I check out other VT pages the ones that were on my 'don't care to visit' list are suddenly in my dream list.
Most people collect a little something from each place they visit...
I collect a few things, shot glasses, decks of cards. Many of my collections began when I was younger (the shot glass collection especially). They might be cheesy but they're always fun to bring out at parties...good conversation pieces or not, whatever...you can drink out of them.
My favourite though, is my collection of flat-iron / triangle building photos. Almost every major city has one. I don't go out of my way to find them, or travel to particular locations because one exists there but if I see one....I snap a shot.
Anyway, I'd like to share my collection (it's quite small still as I've only recently started it) and I'd love to hear about what others collect (if anything).
Check out my collection
Personal Pages (1)
Top Travel Pages
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 55 Reviews
- 134 Photos
- 12 Countries
- 20 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
- Canadian_Traveler and LolaSanFrancisco are now friends.
- created a Prince Edward Island Travel Page "Prince Edward Island"
- Posted in Travel Tamarindo Forum "RE: RE: Tamarindo or Playa Grande..."
- Commented on one of grets's Churchill travel pages
- Wrote a Review Great All-Inclusive Choice in Cuba in Playa Jibacoa Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great All-Inclusive Choice in Cuba"
updated their Profile Page "Ahh...travel..."
Top 10 Pages
- Costa Rica Intro, 33 photos, 5 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 12 reviews, 10 photos
- Moorea Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos, 1 travelogue
- Toronto Intro, 2 reviews, 10 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tamarindo Intro, 5 reviews, 7 photos
- Queenstown Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- Montreal Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Provincia de Guanacaste Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Christchurch Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Kotor Intro, 1 review, 4 photos