Darwin Things to Do Tips by skatzcatz Top 5 Page for this destination
Darwin Things to Do: 288 reviews and 710 photos
If aviation is your interest then any trip to Darwin should include a visit to the Aviation Centre. containing a few planes including a B52 and exibits it details Darwins role in WW2 and the links Darwin has maintained ever since with the aviation industry.
OPEN: 7 days 9am - 5pm
COSTS: Adult $11, Children $6 concession and family applies
Address: 557 Stuart Highway, Winnellie
Directions: 557 Stuart Highway, Winnellie, just past the Hook Road lights, across from the showground
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 08 8947 2145
Situated on the cliffs of Nightcliff this pool is one of the nicest spots on darwin to spend an afternoon or morning to take a swim. Nothing better then enjoying the view or take a dip in the large pool. there is also a small pool for the children and an upgrade to the Council owned pool is planned in the near future.
Phone: 8985 1682
Lake Alexander playground
Once again another great council facility. lake Alexander in itself is a great spot to relax and unwind and with the new playground there, the kids are now well catered for. Also with bbq's, toilets, swimming in the Lake and plenty of walking trails nearby this is a great place to take the kids.
Directions: Lake Alexander, East Point reserve
Smith Street Mall - Playground
In the middle of Darwin is the Smith Street Mall and in the middle of the mall is the playground. Another addition by the council i good resting spot for the kids when they're starting to get restless. Not as good as the larger playgrounds at Lake Alexander, the Watergardens or Lake Leanyer but still no location could beat the centreof the mall.
Address: Smith Street Mall, Darwin
Directions: Centre of the Mall
Darwins premier park and with views of the harbour it isnt hard to see why. A great place to spend a few hours walking, learning of the history this area played and taking in the wonderful views. Also a popular spot for weddings and annual events. Bombing of Darwin - 19 February, Greek Glenti sometime in june and other one off events.
A must see to take in the views and walk upon well shaded paths.
Address: The Esplanade
Bicentennial Park - Playground
Another small playground provided by the council. this one is of note because of the views and the nearby USS Peary memorial. Situated in the middle of Bicentennial PArk its a great place to rest and watch the kids play.
Address: The Esplanande
Directions: about halfway along the park
Wangi Falls Walk
To the left of Wangi Falls (walk down to within 50 metres of the falls) is a walking trail that goes up and around the top of the falls. Offering some views of the valley but little of the top of the falls this is an enjoyable short walk with some nice rainforest and escarpment sections.
Length: 2 km
Difficulty: easy with a few step sections.
Address: Wangi Falls
Freds Pass Show
Held on the third weekend in May, Freds Pass Show is a smaller more family friendly show then the larger Darwin Show. Entry as of 2006 was $10 adults and $5 children over four. The show has rides, events, displays, animals etc. Great to spend a few hours entertaining the younger kids.
Directions: Freds Pass Reserve, follow signs down Stuart Highway, right side out past Coolalinga. About 40 mins drive from Darwin.
Other Contact: fax: 08 89833784
Phone: 08 89831626
Another of Darwins famous markets, Nightcliff one of the northern suburbs holds a market every sunday morning. A great atmosphere and well shaded location to do some tourist/craft/food shopping. Take a walk towards the ocean also, great views to be had.
Address: Nightcliff Shopping Mall
Directions: a short drive north of Darwin, or catch bus 4 from Casuarina or Darwin.
Darwin Fish Feeding
For 2 hours every high tide only a walk from the centre of Darwin, Aquascene has been feeding fish for now 50 years. A great spot to experience something a little different.
check website or phone for times as they change to match the tides.
Address: 28 Doctors Gully Road
28 Doctors Gully Road
Northern Territory, Australia
Other Contact: Email: email@example.com
Phone: (08) 8981 7837
More Reviews (98)
- See All Flightpath Golf
- See All Novotel Atrium
- See All Trailer Boat Club
- Territory Day
- See All East Point Walking Trails
- See All Darwin Airport
skatzcatz's Related Pages
Darwin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Darwin (where i live and now my home) 1997 -"
- "DARWIN AND DISTRICT"
- "Northwest Darwin"
- "Crocodylus Park"
- "Capital City Of Australia's Northern Territory"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Darwin
- Hotels in Darwin
- Transportation in Darwin
- Nightlife in Darwin
- Restaurants in Darwin
- Shopping in Darwin
- Warnings and Dangers in Darwin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Darwin
- 139 Reviews
- 224 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 16 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Darwin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Darwin
Photos in DarwinSee All Photos (224)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 139 reviews, 225 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 16 reviews, 142 photos, 10 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore 13 reviews, 105 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rabaul Intro, 12 reviews, 101 photos, 7 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 7 reviews, 75 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kokoda Intro, 3 reviews, 68 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gozo 8 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues
- Litchfield National Park - Day Trip- 31 Reviews, 76 Photos
- Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory- 23 Reviews, 67 Photos
- Mindil Beach Markets- 12 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Bicentennial Park- 14 Reviews, 44 Photos
- Kakadu National Park - Day Trip- 13 Reviews, 33 Photos
- Jumping Crocodile Cruise- 11 Reviews, 35 Photos
- Crocodylus Park- 7 Reviews, 25 Photos
- Aquascene- 6 Reviews, 17 Photos
- Territory Wildlife Park- 8 Reviews, 24 Photos
- George Brown Darwin Botanic Gardens- 10 Reviews, 39 Photos
See All Darwin Things to Do