"Pine Creek - Last Remaining Gold Town of the North" Pine Creek by skatzcatz
Pine Creek Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 147 photos
The only remaining original mining town remaining from the 1870's Gold Boom, Pine Creek is a nice spot to spend a day before heading north or further south.
When in 1871 Gold was discovered in the area, Pine Creek was established and with the construction of the Overland Telegraph Line and Palmerston to Pine Creek Railway was well and truely established on the map.
Situated at the junction of the Stuart and Kakadu Highways and less than 3 hours drive from Darwin, Jabiru and Katherine. An ideal base for local gold exploration, sightseeing, bushwalking etc
- Cons:time has no clock
- In a nutshell:nice spot for a day or two
On the main stret entering town, the Water Gardens are a nice place to take some pictures and sit and read a book. Ample... more travel advice
Just about the only place in Pine Creek to top up on those essential vehicle supplies and if your unfortunate to... more travel advice
skatzcatz's Related Pages
Pine Creek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Resting place of VA OH_DK"
- "Pine Creek and The Ghan"
- "Depot Creek"
- "Pine Creek Northern Territory"
- "Pine Creek"
- "Pine Creek, Historic Gold Rush Town"
- "Pine Creek, Australia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pine Creek
- Transportation in Pine Creek
- Restaurants in Pine Creek
- Shopping in Pine Creek
- Warnings and Dangers in Pine Creek
- See All...
Explore the World
- Port of Miami Hotels
- Abbaye d'Orval
- Yellowknife Hotels
- Province of Ontario
- Newsom Hotels
- Perryville Battlefield State Park
- San Pedro de Alcántara
- Kampong Alor Gajah Hotels
- McAllen Hotels
- Adirondack State Park
- Thomastown Hotels
- Isle of Wight
Badges & Stats in Pine Creek
- 6 Reviews
- 35 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Pine Creek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pine Creek
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Darwin Intro, 139 reviews, 225 photos, 5 travelogues
- Hong Kong Intro, 16 reviews, 142 photos, 10 travelogues
- Havana Intro, 20 reviews, 102 photos, 5 travelogues
- Singapore 13 reviews, 105 photos, 7 travelogues
- Rabaul Intro, 12 reviews, 101 photos, 7 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 7 reviews, 75 photos, 7 travelogues
- Kokoda Intro, 3 reviews, 68 photos, 7 travelogues
- London Intro, 16 reviews, 49 photos, 2 travelogues
- Istanbul Intro, 6 reviews, 59 photos, 4 travelogues
- Gozo 8 reviews, 57 photos, 3 travelogues