"4 times to Wales, but only scratched the surface!" Wales by sue_stone

Wales Travel Guide: 4,814 reviews and 15,372 photos

So far I have been to Wales 4 times.

The 1st time was in August 2004. Whilst staying in Bristol, England, we popped across the border into Wales for a quick look around.

We visited Chepstow, Monmouth & Tintern Abbey

===================================================

Our 2nd trip was in November 2005, when one Saturday morning we drove to Wales to pick up some arm chairs that we had bought on eBay!

Once we had picked up the chairs, after a nice cup of tea at the sellers place, we drove straight back to London.

So we didn't see anything…and didn't stop to take any photos….just a couple of the Severn Bridge that I took out of the car window.

===================================================

Our 3rd trip to Wales was in April/May 2006. We had 2.5 days this time to explore a little in Northern Wales.

Places we visited included - Llandudno, Conwy, Caernarfon, Snowdonia, Clwyd, Menai Bridge and Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch.

The 4th time was in August 2006, when we went to Cardiff for the weekend.

• Last visit to Wales: Aug 2006
  • Intro Updated Sep 11, 2006

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2009 at 8:08 AM

You are the only person I know with a bridge fetish! ;-)) Nice pics of this one. It reminds me of the Pont du Normandie.

• BillNJ's Profile Photo
    Jun 25, 2008 at 7:34 AM

I think VT should institute a rule that every page on Wales must have at least one reference to Sir Tom Jones. Special credit should be awarded if you include the lyrics of "What's New, Pussycat?"

• rwlittle's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2006 at 3:07 PM

Always wanted to visit Wales, ever since reading Susan Cooper's "The Grey King" back in elementary school. Some day...

• psychocy's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2006 at 7:55 AM

Nice Wales photos and tips... keep them coming!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2005 at 3:56 AM

Fabulous Severn Bridge photos. It is a pity that the weather was grey. I have seen the Bridge a couple of times from the train and I was always fascinated by the construction. Are fluffy sheeps allowed to cross the bridge from Wales to England?? :o)

• Nov 5, 2005 at 11:03 AM

No Welsh Wales updates yet then?? :)

• londonbabe's Profile Photo
    Mar 5, 2005 at 5:00 AM

Its's one of those leaning buildings again ...

• scotlandscotour's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2004 at 6:54 AM

Good to see it worked out ok - glad I could help a bit - and next time head for Snowdonia National Park - straight up the M40 or M1, then M6 and M56 west onto the A55 - easy and fast!

• aussiedoug's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2004 at 11:25 PM

Aah the benefits of living in London (said he enviously!). But why the Wye River. (sorry about the pathetic, pitiful, puny pun, but the alliteration not 2 bad. lol!). What other secret passions will you reveal on VT pages Sue?

• neilward's Profile Photo