"Decadent Holiday in Miami Beach/South Beach" Top 5 Page for this destination Miami Beach by sue_stone

Miami Beach Travel Guide: 1,036 reviews and 2,095 photos

Miami Beach is not the type of place we usually go for holidays. So, why did we go there? Cause I won a trip!

We were not disappointed to be heading to Miami though. We had considered going there in the past as Alex's Aunty lives there and we were curious to see if it was like we imagined it to be - pumped up locals parading on the promenade, silicone enhanced beauties in bikinis rollerblading down the street - that sort of good stuff.

Yes, we did see people like that, which wasn't a bad thing ; ) But we also saw plenty of 'normal' people - a good mix of tourists and locals enjoying this sunny, beautiful part of Florida.

We spent our time soaking up the cool South Beach atmosphere, ate in some amazing restaurants, shopped till we dropped (into a cafe for more food!) and visited the amazing Everglades National Park where I fulfilled a childhood dream of taking an Air Boat ride across the 'sea of grass'.

It was a really fabulous 'vacation', a decadent break from our normal type of trip. A real five star experience.

• In a nutshell:Just like starring in a music video!
  • Last visit to Miami Beach: Mar 2006
  • Intro Updated Apr 2, 2006

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2008 at 1:39 AM

I like the Art Deco places best and of course the sunshine :)

• ctorres1979's Profile Photo
    Aug 6, 2007 at 12:29 PM

Thanks for the tip about Brunch at the Delano! It was just as amazing as you described!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2007 at 9:08 AM

A great page Sue. Your accounts of your visit to the Everglades are excellent, and as always your restaurant tips madde my mouth water ;)

• Anchovy56's Profile Photo
    Jan 25, 2007 at 7:56 AM

Miami seems to have been rejuvenated since my stay there many moons ago. I wonder if the Vizcaya Mansion is still an attraction there. Seems you two had a good time there overall.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2006 at 12:10 PM

Wow, never thought of Miami Beach as Art Deco place! Thanks for virtually showing me around!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2006 at 12:29 PM

great tips!

• BerniShand's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2006 at 1:08 PM

having read the restaurant tips Im now so hungry I need a sandwich ... back soon !

• jadedmuse's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2006 at 6:49 PM

Having lived in Miami, I ran over to this page to see your impressions. Well, you definitely earned your 5 star rating, Sue! You did SoBe justice, and I love that you guys went to the Everglades. Fantastic job on the tips & pix!

• avanutria's Profile Photo
    Aug 23, 2006 at 4:19 AM

Jerry's Deli rocks! And they do HUGE takeaways!

• janicewilson's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2006 at 11:04 AM

This page is disappointing for two reasons: 1. No picture of Sue rollerblading in a bikini. 2. This page puts to shame all the other fledgling VTs that attempt to build pages as efficient and as entertaining as Sue's.

Badges & Stats in Miami Beach

Have you been to Miami Beach?

Latest Activity in Miami Beach