"Chur - a pleasant surprise" Top 5 Page for this destination Chur by sue_stone
Chur Travel Guide: 106 reviews and 381 photos
Chur was a pleasant surprise. We were only staying there as it was a convenient place to board the Glacier Express to Zermatt the following day, but we found a lovely old town to explore, and some very tasty pizza!
Located in a valley, surrounded by mountains (which were shrouded in clouds during our visit), Chur (pronounced more like Core) is the oldest town in Switzerland, with a history dating back 5,000 years.
The old town of Chur is filled with lots of interesting squares. As you wander the narrow streets you will come across... more travel advice
St Martinskirche is located in the cobbled old town part of Chur. Dating back to 1491, this tastefully decorated church... more travel advice
sue_stone's Related Pages
Chur Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The oldest town in Switzerland"
- "Chur by Night and Day..."
- "Chur - a pleasant surprise"
- "Chur.....just for the night"
- "Chur - one of the oldest cities in Switzerland."
- "A Charming Pause"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Chur
- Hotels in Chur
- Transportation in Chur
- Nightlife in Chur
- Restaurants in Chur
- Shopping in Chur
- Warnings and Dangers in Chur
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Chur
- 9 Reviews
- 76 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (72)
Have you been to Chur?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Chur
Photos in ChurSee All Photos (76)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues