"Chur - a pleasant surprise" Top 5 Page for this destination Chur by sue_stone

Chur Travel Guide: 104 reviews and 381 photos

Chur was a pleasant surprise. We were only staying there as it was a convenient place to board the Glacier Express to Zermatt the following day, but we found a lovely old town to explore, and some very tasty pizza!

Located in a valley, surrounded by mountains (which were shrouded in clouds during our visit), Chur (pronounced more like Core) is the oldest town in Switzerland, with a history dating back 5,000 years.

• Last visit to Chur: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 1, 2008

• Greggor58's Profile Photo
    Nov 21, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Thanks for the tour...I really like the look of Chur..seems a place that Id enjoy exploring..your travelogue photos really add to the feel of exploring here.Your restaurant "finds" seem pretty good...the pizza looks pretty yum!

• iaint's Profile Photo
    Dec 25, 2008 at 7:42 AM

very informative;

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2008 at 8:26 AM

I think if I ever get back to Switzerland, we will use the train, driving was a bit of an adventure! Nice page Sue :-)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 14, 2008 at 1:42 PM

Gorgeous little page here. I only once changed trains in Chur, but I would be interested to have a proper view at the town. I am surprised to read that the hotel staff twice mixed up your room. Usually Swiss people are even more exact than us Germans.

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Aug 2, 2008 at 11:45 AM

Nice pics and tips, Sue. We had lunch on the glacier express after stopping here as well. Hope all is well with you.

Badges & Stats in Chur