"Montreux on Lake Geneva" Top 5 Page for this destination Montreux by sue_stone

Montreux Travel Guide: 123 reviews and 414 photos

Montreux is a town located on Lake Geneva. It is best known for its annual Jazz Festival, which attracts jazz and non-jazz performers from around the world.

We visited Montreux after we explored nearby Chateau de Chillon, which is one of the most visited historical sites in Switzerland.

I had originally wanted to stay in Montreux for the two nights we were based on Lake Geneva, but as our visit coincided with the jazz festival accommodation was scarce, so we stayed in neighbouring Lausanne instead.

• Last visit to Montreux: Jul 2008
  • Intro Updated Aug 7, 2008

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2008 at 8:30 AM

I see you met up with Freddie too! Looks like you had an enjoyable visit :-)

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2008 at 12:10 PM

Ages, since I've been to that region. For sure there was no bronze Freddie Mercury then! Time to revisit. Great to see that you had such good weather.

• Aug 27, 2008 at 2:27 PM

Nice new page Sue! I don't get the connection with Freddy Mercury and Montreux though? :))

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2008 at 1:41 PM

Gorgeous little page here. I can't believe that I haven't explored this part of Switzerland yet. I have already read so much about the Chateau de Chillon here on VT, that I now think it is about time to see it by myself.

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2008 at 11:16 AM

Worth visiting for the castle alone !

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Aug 12, 2008 at 9:04 AM

What a dream castle! A lovely little page Sue :-)

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2008 at 1:04 PM

Great page on the Swiss Riviera with its lake, castle and mountains. Useful tip about the Swiss railway system. Can't wait to see your Zermatt page ;-)

Badges & Stats in Montreux

Have you been to Montreux?

Latest Activity in Montreux