"Bray - home of the best restaurant in the UK" Bray by sue_stone

Bray Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 58 photos

Bray is a small village located close to the town of Maidenhead, in Berkshire, west of London. This unassuming place is home to the best restaurant in the UK - The Fat Duck.

We headed to Bray one winters day specifically to have lunch at the famous restaurant, and it was well worth the trip.

Full details of our lunch can be found under the Restaurant Tip, and photos of the 18 courses are shown in the travelogues. It was an amazing experience!

In May 2008 we returned to Bray to have lunch at the Hinds Head pub, which is owned by the Fat Duck people, but serves up a very different type of food.

• Last visit to Bray: May 2008
  • Intro Updated May 30, 2008

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2007 at 2:44 AM

Wasn't it inevitable that I would end up on this page sooner or later?! Amazing photos too - thank you for sharing the experience Sarah x

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2007 at 12:34 AM

Looking through this page before breakfast is - hell!!!! Wow, what an exceptional experience! I can imagine that it was more of an extravaganza than a typical 17 course meal..... Thanks for taking us along!!!

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2007 at 12:43 PM

What a fascinating place! I've read about The Fat Duck before, and am tempted to visit. Some of the dishes sound very strange to me though!

• kzngirl's Profile Photo
    Feb 21, 2007 at 12:14 PM

Loved reading about this again today and seeing all the pictures! I think you three are braver than me...I don't think I would have gone near some of the taste sensations!!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2007 at 11:24 AM

What an amazing experience!

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2007 at 5:13 AM

WOW!! What an experience. It looks truly wonderful.

• alucas's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 3:11 PM

Well, you have really surpassed yourself this time ! Sooooo glad you didn't tell us the price ;-)

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Feb 7, 2007 at 1:59 PM

Didn't you feel a bit awkard when taking sooo many photos in such a posh restaurant? By the way, which is the first best restaurant in the world?

• Feb 7, 2007 at 11:30 AM

Some of those dishes look like miniature architectural masterpieces rather than food!! Amazing photos hun - you must have spent more time taking pics than eating! ;))

Badges & Stats in Bray