"Caernarfon on a grey day" Top 5 Page for this destination Caernarfon by sue_stone

Caernarfon Travel Guide: 108 reviews and 423 photos

Located in North West Wales, Caernarfon is a great base from which to explore Snowdonia National Park. It is also home to one of Wales' most magnificent castles.

We stopped off here for a couple of hours to visit the castle and to have a spot of tea.

• Last visit to Caernarfon: Apr 2006
  • Intro Updated May 13, 2006

• roamer61's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2010 at 5:58 AM

Hi Sue. Nice set pf photos. As a lover of castles, Caernarfon is up there on my list.

• el_ruso's Profile Photo
    Dec 22, 2006 at 7:37 PM

What a beautiful castle! And I have never known about it before. Well, now I dream to be able to visit it some day.

• Nov 15, 2006 at 7:56 AM

We found that by crossing the estuary, there was lots of on road free parking just over the bridge from the castle.

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2006 at 7:49 AM

I too loved Caernarfon and its castle. Have been there twice, could go again. Lovely page, full of information.

• Rachael71's Profile Photo
    Jul 9, 2006 at 1:35 PM

Great tips and pictures. I'll remember that tea room for the next time I visit!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2006 at 3:30 PM

Another fantastic page about your trip to Wales. I especially like the castle locals. Hmm, I am wondering why you haven't had any problems with fluffy Welsh sheep standing in the middle of the road? :o)

Badges & Stats in Caernarfon

Have you been to Caernarfon?

Latest Activity in Caernarfon