"Llandudno - a good base to explore Northern Wales" Top 5 Page for this destination Llandudno by sue_stone

Llandudno Travel Guide: 250 reviews and 505 photos

Llandudno is located on the north coast of Wales. It is Wales's largest resort, looked over by the Great Orme limestone headland and has a couple of beaches as well.

We used it as a base to explore some of the surrounding area, in particular Snowdonia National Park. Llandudno wasn't the most beautiful of the nearby towns we visited, but with some fabulous accommodation options and good restaurants, it made the perfect base for us.

• Last visit to Llandudno: May 2006
  • Intro Updated May 3, 2006

• rexvaughan's Profile Photo
    Feb 25, 2009 at 8:55 AM

I always look forward to reading your pages, Sue. I know what to expect - some really good tips, splendid photos, where to get a good dessert and a nice suspension bridge photo. Reading them is a real treat.

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2007 at 9:20 PM

Somehow I've never thought you'd use Wales and lying on the beach in the same sentence ;-) Fabulous restaurant tips but I expect nothing less from a fellow foodie!

• deecat's Profile Photo
    May 22, 2006 at 7:48 AM

Wonderful restaurant tips, Sue. Love your use of extra photographs. Lovely B&B. What a nice way to spend a long weekend in Llandudno.

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2006 at 9:48 AM

Brilliant photos here. Your page brings back many memories of my 5 days in this lovely resort. Hmmm, I am surprised that you already think about your cementary. You don't look that old. ;-) '

• kazander's Profile Photo
    May 5, 2006 at 6:45 AM

Hi Sue, Wales looks lovely! Good choice on the retro room, it looks fantastic. And of course, as always fabulous resturant tips! :)

• ali_brown's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2006 at 2:07 PM

Mmm, lamb rack looks delish! Lamb roast the following night too?! You know you can come to the farm and eat lamb for free! ps the covered chairs are quite simply the crappest things I've never sat on.

• May 4, 2006 at 7:35 AM

Great page Sue, nice new car too! :)) Think I need to visit Wales again one of these days!

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2006 at 1:28 AM

You managed some great shots of Llandudno's beach and the views from the Great Orme! Ah yes, Wales brings back good memories (vaguely)! I see what you mean about those covered chairs at the Osborne!

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    May 3, 2006 at 2:45 PM

Lokks like a place worth exploring.The B&B especially. Well written tips

Badges & Stats in Llandudno

Have you been to Llandudno?

Latest Activity in Llandudno