London Sports & Outdoors Tips by sue_stone Top 5 Page for this destination
London Sports & Outdoors: 225 reviews and 432 photos
Wimbledon Court !
We were lucky enough to get Wimbledon tickets for one day during the 2004 championships.
It was always one of those things that I hoped to do whilst living in London, and I was not disappointed.
The atmosphere was fantastic, and although we did not have tickets to Centre Court, we had front row, base line tickets on Court 1. We saw mens & womens doubles quarter finals, and were excited to see Martina Navratilova win her doubles game.
Equipment: To get the tickets we had to enter a ballot, via the wimbledon website. Entries had to be submitted before the end of 2003.
We were sent a letter with details of the day and seats that had been selected for us, and then we could decide if we wanted to buy the tickets, which of course we did!!
Address: Wimbledon Park Road, Southfields
Directions: Nearest Tube: Southfields - the tournament is 10 minutes walk from here, or a short bus ride
Phone: 44 (0)20 8971 2473
Goodwood Festival of Speed
The Goodwood Festival of Speed is the world’s "biggest and most diverse celebration of the history of motor sport".
The event is held in the grounds of Goodwood House.
The main attraction of the event is the hillclimb competition, in which cars from all eras and types of motorsports take part.
You can also walk around the paddocks for a close up look at the cars and bikes and some of the famous owners and drivers.
Equipment: Sun screen, hat and possibly a book if you are not really that interested.....
Address: Goodwood House, Chichester, West Sussex PO10PX
Directions: By rail: There is a regular service from London Victoria to Chichester (1hour, 40 minutes), plus the coastal service from Brighton and Portsmouth. Buses or taxis are available at Chichester Station.
Other Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: +44 (0)1243 755000
Theme: Sports Watching
the two teams passing Chiswick
The Oxford and Cambridge Boat Race is a famous rowing race between the two universities, that happens each year in March.
They have been racing against each other over four & a quarter miles on the River Thames for 174 years.
Each year, the loser of the previous year's race challenges the winner to a new race.
The current score is Cambridge in a 78-71 lead, with a dead heat in 1877.
So, rug up, find yourself a place by the River, and cheer on home your favourite team!!
Directions: On the River Thames, between Putney and Mortlake
Theme: Sports Watching
More Reviews (380)
- See All Albion - in Shoreditch
- See All The Champagne Bar in St Pancras...
- See All Grocer on Elgin - in Notting Hill
- See All Museum of Brands, Packaging &...
- See All Guoman Charing Cross (previously the...
- See All Switched on London
sue_stone's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- "London, the capital of England"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Badges & Stats in London
- 383 Reviews
- 1,185 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 198 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
- Tower of London- 521 Reviews, 923 Photos
- London Eye- 353 Reviews, 575 Photos
- Westminster Abbey- 274 Reviews, 475 Photos
- British Museum- 316 Reviews, 578 Photos
- St. Pauls Cathedral- 288 Reviews, 559 Photos
- Houses of Parliament and Big Ben- 399 Reviews, 690 Photos
- Madame Tussauds and Planetarium- 144 Reviews, 207 Photos
- Hyde Park- 190 Reviews, 378 Photos
- Piccadilly- 192 Reviews, 298 Photos
- Trafalgar Square- 276 Reviews, 496 Photos
See All London Things to Do