London Off The Beaten Path Tips by sue_stone Top 5 Page for this destination
London Off The Beaten Path: 1,498 reviews and 2,237 photos
Gloucester Road tube station
If you happen to be travelling on a District Line tube through Gloucester Road underground station, make sure you have a look out the window, or even get off the train and catch the next one.
Why? Well, so that you can see the art exhibition of course!
One of the stranger places I have seen an art exhibition, Gloucester Road tube station hosts four exhibitions per year on a disused platform on the District and Circle line.
Thousands of passengers each month travel past the exhibition, where you can see a range of work by both lesser known and well established artists.
I have heard of people making the journey to Gloucester Road just to see the exhibitions.
Covent Garden Hotel
Covent Garden Hotel, a boutique Hotel in London's West End has it's own fully equipped state-of-the-art multi media screening room.
The cinema is pretty luxurious in design and has extremely comfortable leather seats
You can hire it for private screenings, or go along to some of their advertised screening nights.
We had a meal at the Hotel, and then enjoyed a screening of Gold Finger.
Covent Garden Hotel
10 Monmouth Street London WC2H 9HB
Nearest Tube: Covent Garden
Other Contact: Email: email@example.com
Phone: 020 7806 1000
We have possibly found the best coffee in London, hidden away in the 'burbs!
Munsons is a small cafe located off the beaten path in Ealing, West London.
They have a reputation in the area for having the best coffee in London - and it sure is good!!
They also serve fabulous home made cakes and delicious anti-pasto and sandwiches.
If you find yourself in this area of London, it is worth a stop .
71a St. Marys Rd
Phone: 020 8840 4114
old London bus
Every few months the London Transport Museum Depot is open to the public for the weekend.
It is very interesting to see all the old buses and trains.
But, what is even more interesting is seeing the train spotters there with their note books jotting down train numbers!!
Located across the road from Acton Town tube station.
Other Contact: 118-120 Gunnersbury Lane, Lond
St Christopher's Place
When shopping on Oxford Street, take a break for a coffee or lunch in St Christopher's Place.
It is like an oasis from the throng of high street shoppers.
It is located just off Oxford Street and has one of the largest concentrations of pavement dining in central London.
The area is often used as a back drop for film shoots and apparently is a good place for celebrity spotting.
The coffee at Carluccio's comes recommended.
St Christopher's Place is close to Selfridges department store.
The nearest tube is Bond Street.
St Katherine's Dock
St Katherine's Dock is a re-developed dock located close to Tower Bridge and the Tower of London.
It was once a working dock, and is now an interesting waterside environment with a mixture of shops, restaurants, offices and apartments.
It is still used as a berth for yachts and motorboats.
Interesting place for a wander around and a drink/snack.
Other Contact: Nearest Tube: Tower Hill
Checking out Kew Bridge
Kew Bridge is an attractive stone bridge that spans the Thames River, joining Brentford/Chiswick with Kew.
The current bridge was built in 1903. It replaced a wooden bridge that was built back in 1759.
It is a beautiful bridge, and can be admired from the Thames footpath, which is a great place for a stroll along the River.
Nearest Tube: Kew Gardens - about 10-12 minutes walk
Nearest Train: Kew Bridge - about 2 minutes walk
Scene from Bath
If you fancy a day trip out of London, why not head for historic Bath.
Bath is a beautiful town located less than 2 hours drive west of London.
It is the perfect place to spend a day (or longer) roaming around the cobbled streets, visiting the famous bath spa and sampling some of Baths great cuisine.
For more details visit my Bath Page
me and Alex at Windsor Castle
If you fancy an easy day trip out of London, why not head to Windsor and visit the castle.
Windsor Castle is located 37kms west of London, and has been home to the Royals for over 900 years.
You can wander around the gardens and at certain times you can visit the state rooms.
The town of Windsor is also worth checking out and there are plenty of places to eat and get warm - especially if you go in January like we did!
You can catch the train from London Paddington to Windsor - it takes less than 1 hour (www.thetrainline.com) or it is also an easy drive.
Phone: 01753 868286
We were walking along the River Thames, In West London - from Kew Bridge to dinner at Chiswick.
There is a path that follows the Thames, with the river on one side and homes on the other.
Some of the houses along here are a little different - they have really short front doors!! There are steps up to the door - but it looks pretty crazy!
I guess it is because they are only about 2-3 metres from the water, and if the river floods then they won't get wet carpet....
Walk along the Thames Footpath, near Strand on the Green, Chiswick.
Nearest Tube: Gunnersbury
Nearest Train: Kew Bridge
More Reviews (372)
- See All Albion - in Shoreditch
- See All The Champagne Bar in St Pancras...
- See All Grocer on Elgin - in Notting Hill
- See All Museum of Brands, Packaging &...
- See All Guoman Charing Cross (previously the...
- See All Switched on London
sue_stone's Related Pages
London Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "My Current Home"
- "Maybe it's Because I'm A Londoner...."
- "Gor Blimey guv'ner...you'r having a larf......"
- "London, the capital of England"
- "London, Misty Albion"
- "When a man tires of London, he is tired of life"
- "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner ..."
- See All...
- Things to Do in London
- Hotels in London
- Transportation in London
- Nightlife in London
- Restaurants in London
- Shopping in London
- Warnings and Dangers in London
- See All...
Explore the World
- Mactaquac Provincial Park Hotels
- Bristol Hotels
- Tapiutan Island Hotels
- Siem Reap
- Naples Hotels
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Scotland Off The Beaten Path
- Mumbai Off The Beaten Path
- Singapore Off The Beaten Path
- Albuquerque Off The Beaten Path
- Other Towns
- Santa Cruz Off The Beaten Path
- Seaside & Öresund Bridge
- Outside Berlin
- Turkey Off The Beaten Path
- Glasgow Off The Beaten Path
- Cambridge Off The Beaten Path
- Abu Dhabi Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in London
- 383 Reviews
- 1,185 Photos
- 23 Forum posts
- 224 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (71)
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in London
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues
Latest London hotel reviews
- Russ Hill Hotel
- 1092 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- 179 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- YHA London Thameside
- 53 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 4, 2013
- Millennium Baileys Hotel
- 1197 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Langland Hotel
- 92 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 14, 2012
- Comfort Inn Buckingham Palace Rd Victoria
- 276 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Thistle Kensington Gardens
- 438 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 21, 2013
- Arriva Hotel
- 204 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Hotel Sophia
- 26 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 3, 2012
- 26 Hillgate Place
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 24, 2012
- Grange St Pauls Hotel
- 1360 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 22, 2013
- Hyde Park Court Hotel
- 95 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- Victoria Inn London
- 199 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 18, 2013
- Belvedere Hotel
- 108 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- Brindle House Hotel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 28, 2011
- Tower of London- 456 Reviews, 739 Photos
- British Museum- 297 Reviews, 525 Photos
- London Eye- 254 Reviews, 435 Photos
- Buckingham Palace.- 394 Reviews, 649 Photos
- Tower Bridge- 289 Reviews, 456 Photos
- Houses of Parliament and Big Ben- 369 Reviews, 611 Photos
- Trafalgar Square- 271 Reviews, 466 Photos
- Hyde Park- 164 Reviews, 292 Photos
- Westminster Abbey- 255 Reviews, 429 Photos
- St Pauls Cathedral- 242 Reviews, 401 Photos
See All London Things to Do