"Visit to Leeds Castle, just near Maidstone" Top 5 Page for this destination Maidstone by sue_stone

Maidstone Travel Guide: 48 reviews and 183 photos

One lovely spring day we headed down to Kent to visit Leeds Castle. The castle is located close to Maidstone, hence I am writing about it on my Maidstone page.

After a few hours of exploration around the castle and grounds, we headed to a great pub located in the little village of Thurnham (not in the VT database). The pub is well worth a visit if you like to eat & drink off the beaten path.

I didn't actually get to see the town of Maidstone this visit, but hope to make it there one day

• Last visit to Maidstone: Mar 2007
  • Intro Updated Mar 13, 2007

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2011 at 1:00 PM

Love Ozzie! Interesting that the Castle has so much extra to see and do. I have never heard of a dog collar museum!

• garridogal's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2008 at 6:46 AM

Loved Leeds Castle and I got stuck in that maze!

• iandsmith's Profile Photo
    Jun 1, 2007 at 6:10 PM

Au contraire - I think the maze would be just the place to leave the kids! Shame you didn't photograph another knocker, then there would have been a pair (how crass of me). Do love the opening shot, excellent composition.

• elucas's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2007 at 3:44 PM

Yes, Leeds Castle is a lovely place. I believe there is a programme of concerts there in the summer. Not able to come on 24th May unfortunately, hope you have a good time. Liz.

• Apr 25, 2007 at 11:40 PM

Lovely Leeds castle page Sue! I should visit here one of these days, but just never seem to get around to it.

• tini58de's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 4:52 AM

That dog collar museum sounds interesting! And as always I loved reading your restaurant tip! It is my lunch break just now!!!

• yumyum's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2007 at 12:29 PM

Great castle! Lovely!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 26, 2007 at 2:47 PM

Hmm, it looks like you had a great day out with your new friends Millie and Ozzie. Well done. I especially like your detailed transportation tip. :-)

• Dabs's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2007 at 8:43 AM

It's been ages since I've been to Leeds, thanks for the look! Love those hedge mazes, I got lost in the one at Hampton Court but I don't think we went into the one at Leeds...

• bugulma's Profile Photo
    Mar 15, 2007 at 6:37 AM

interesting and beautiful place. Really funny that somwhere the dog collar museum is :-) Gate knocker looks scary :-)

Badges & Stats in Maidstone

Have you been to Maidstone?

Latest Activity in Maidstone