"Richmond" Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond by sue_stone

Richmond Travel Guide: 278 reviews and 895 photos

Richmond, or Richmond upon Thames as it is more officially known, is located on the southwest border of Greater London and Surrey. It is a beautiful part of London with a real village atmosphere, located on a bend of the River Thames.

Richmond feels like you are a long way from central London, but it is in fact only a 20 minutes train ride from Waterloo station, and the centre of Richmond is only 5 minutes drive from the wonderful botanical gardens in Kew. Richmond has numerous restaurants and cafes, along with endless bars and historic pubs, including some great ones by the river.

Not only does Richmond have a lovely riverside location, it is home to the oldest remaining bridge spanning the Thames. Also of interest is vast Richmond Park, which is filled with red deer that run freely around the park - it is hard to believe you are still in London!

• Last visit to Richmond: Dec 2010
  • Intro Updated Jan 22, 2011

• neilward's Profile Photo
    Mar 8, 2009 at 9:55 AM

Lovely pages and photos,we`ve friends that live in Whitton and pop down regularly,so we`ll have to meet up and do coffee !!!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Dec 7, 2008 at 4:44 AM

Fantastic restaurant updates. I can't believe that you have visited more than 20 new restaurants only Richmond since Janaury 2008, which was when I last visited this gorgeous page.

• SLLiew's Profile Photo
    Jul 3, 2008 at 3:31 PM

Great restaurant tips of Richmond. Getting hungry just looking at the photos. Used to have the old singer sewing machine at home.

• Libby.3's Profile Photo
    Jun 18, 2008 at 1:48 AM

We stayed in Richmond with my brother and sister-in-law 2yrs ago ... You have made us realise just HOW much we missed! Shirley Brisbane)

• alucas's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2008 at 12:54 PM

I could just do with a drink down by the river right now ! [75]

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Apr 20, 2008 at 7:24 AM

Certainly wont be short of places to eat here Sue. Some great new restaurant tips here that I have missed previously.

• PaddingtonBear's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2008 at 5:30 AM

Sorry, I thought leaving a comment would add it underneath your tip (in this case about Nuggs 1268).

• Hopkid's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2008 at 4:05 PM

Yes, eating well is always an aim on our trips. 47 restaurant tips on Richmond?! I'll have to look at these after I've eaten dinner!

• Feb 9, 2008 at 5:37 AM

Great new tip about Adesso hun! :) A very nice place for lunch indeed!

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2007 at 9:58 AM

Decided it was high time I started to explore your restaurant tips on this page = they're all really excellent but if I followed too many of them it would be dangerous for my waistline ;)

sue_stone Lives Here!

Badges & Stats in Richmond

Have you been to Richmond?

Latest Activity in Richmond