"Valencia - a winter escape" Top 5 Page for this destination Valencia by sue_stone

Valencia Travel Guide: 1,292 reviews and 3,425 photos

Problem: Cold, grey February in London
Solution: A long weekend to Valencia

In dire need of a winter dose of blue sky, we jetted of to Valencia for a couple of relaxing days of site-seeing and too much food!

Valencia is Spain's 3rd largest city and is located on the east coast, south of Barcelona. Home to Paella and copious amounts of oranges, Valencia is a great place for a winter escape (or any other time of the year I am sure!).

We enjoyed discovering what this under-rated city had to offer, but our stay was too short to really fall under its spell.

• Last visit to Valencia: Feb 2006
  • Intro Updated Feb 23, 2006

• JessieLang's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Love the photo!

• TooTallFinn24's Profile Photo
    Oct 25, 2011 at 9:20 PM

Sue- Some very helpful tips for my upcoming trip to Valencia. Thanks! I did a rating or two as well.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2011 at 1:34 AM

Good page. Valencia is in my wish list since a long time. Ciao!

• adema29's Profile Photo
    Mar 29, 2011 at 5:25 AM

Great tips and photos! We hope to visit Valencia this year!

• aussirose's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Enjoyed the read and thanks for the tips Sue! We will be here late September :o) Nice City of Science building pix. Cheers, Ann.

• Jul 20, 2009 at 10:55 PM

Its a little samll restaurant, behind the church. No english menue, no special decoration. the charge you 10% extra for sitting outside!!althoung the lamb was wonderul!

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    May 31, 2008 at 9:59 PM

Great Valencia pages Sue. I booked the Vinnci Lys on your recommendation, so if it "sucks" you will be cursed with warm beer forever :-) Best regards, Karl

• Kid-A's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2008 at 3:58 AM

Great tips on Valencia, Sue. It sure looks like a great place to visit on a cold, gray day here in Germany! :) I'm very much looking forward to seeing this city in another month. Cheers! Brian

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jan 28, 2008 at 5:34 AM

Looks a great destination for a weekend break. I like the mix of old & new architecture. The hotel looks perfect and I love the sound of the Mercado. Quality restaurant tips too, as always :)

• Nov 21, 2007 at 2:50 AM

Great value, get there early as very popular. Thanks to Sue Stone for her tip. Best food we had in Valencia.

Badges & Stats in Valencia

Have you been to Valencia?

Latest Activity in Valencia