"Reykjavik - Northern Gem" Reykjavík by sue_stone
Reykjavík Travel Guide: 1,255 reviews and 4,134 photos
Reykjavik is a small and compact city, in a beautiful setting - surrounded by sea and mountains. Its residents are friendly and it is very clean and feels very safe.
Go to the top of the phallic looking Hallgrimskirkja Church for fabulous views across this pretty capital, which is the perfect base to explore this amazing country.
For full details of our (much too short) trip, please visit my Iceland page travelogue to read a full trip report, written by my husband Alex.
For my travel tips on the rest of the country (well the small part we visited), visit my Iceland Page
Oh - and you should really put Iceland on your wish list - you won't be disappointed!
- In a nutshell:The most Northerly Capital in Europe!
One of the most amazing places I have ever been was Jokulsarlon, the Glacier Lagoon. Located just off the highway in... more travel advice
Icelanders believe their country is populated by hidden races of small people such as trolls and elves, who are... more travel advice
- See All Car hire in Iceland
- Don't forget to pack....
- Friendly Locals
- See All Sun-Craft
sue_stone's Related Pages
Reykjavík Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Reykjavík - my home town."
- "REYKJAVIK, THE CAPITAL IN THE FAR NORTH"
- "Reykjavik's Peculiar Charm"
- "The Land of Fire and Ice"
- "Iceland - Over the Pole"
- "Reykjavik - Northern Gem"
- "A Quick Northern Jaunt"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Reykjavík
- Hotels in Reykjavík
- Transportation in Reykjavík
- Nightlife in Reykjavík
- Restaurants in Reykjavík
- Shopping in Reykjavík
- Warnings and Dangers in Reykjavík
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Reykjavík
- 25 Reviews
- 105 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 33 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (85)
Have you been to Reykjavík?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Reykjavík
- Posted in Travel Toledo Forum "Re: Madrid -Toledo AVE - pre..."
- updated a Reykjavík Travel Page "Reykjavik - Northern Gem"
- Wrote a Review Jokulsarlon - Glacial Lagoon in Reykjavík Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "Jokulsarlon - Glacial Lagoon"
- Commented on one of coceng's Reykjavík travel pages
Photos in ReykjavíkSee All Photos (105)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination London Intro, 383 reviews, 1200 photos, 6 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Richmond Intro, 83 reviews, 274 photos, 3 travelogues
- Barcelona Intro, 61 reviews, 245 photos, 5 travelogues
- New York City Intro, 61 reviews, 193 photos, 5 travelogues
- Lisbon Intro, 42 reviews, 200 photos, 3 travelogues
- Venice Intro, 47 reviews, 192 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marrakesh Intro, 52 reviews, 178 photos, 5 travelogues
- San Francisco Intro, 33 reviews, 184 photos, 6 travelogues
- Berlin Intro, 36 reviews, 161 photos, 5 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 43 reviews, 150 photos, 5 travelogues